View Full Version : New foot cream compound

03-13-2013, 05:49 AM
I recently was prescribed a foot cream by my pain doctor that seems to be working really well for me.

The ingredients are:
Nabumetone, amitriptyline, gabapentin, lidocaine, prilocaine, ketamine, magnesium

The compounding pharmacy that has this stuff is Premier Custom Pharmacy, 2000 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Like I said, you will need a prescription. This cream has worked better and faster than anything I have tried to this point on my feet. It is worth checking out! Bruce

03-13-2013, 06:15 AM
Any compounding pharmacy can make this. All they need is the recipe. And there are many versions/combinations of this recipe out there.

I suspect it is the magnesium in it that does the most good... I use plain magnesium lotion on my feet with great success.

Epsom-It (body lotion --no fragrance). The foot version has perfume in it.
Kirkman magnesium cream

Some people use a magnesium "oil" and prices vary considerably with this type.
This link explains that they are really solutions.

Magnesium is absorbed thru the skin, and when it enters topically it helps the circulation of fluid in the hands and feet,
so that swelling goes down.

~~I have found that topical magnesium nightly, has lowered my blood pressure considerably. So now I am only on a very small dose of beta blocker, instead of 3 drugs! If one uses a blood pressure RX, start making a log, and see if you respond the same way. Hence one may need a dosage adjustment, while using magnesium. Should you stop the mag, for some reason, your BP may go back up and need adjusting again.~~