- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons boric acid
- 3 cups warm water
- Mix the sugar and Boric Acic well.
- Add the warm water slowly, mixing all the while so it won't be too lumpy.
- Store in a jar.
- When ready to use, put cotton into the top of a jar lid to fill it, and then saturate the cotton to the top.
- Place where you want it; make several if you need it.
- Will keep for a long while.
- NOTE: I usually drip a drop or two over the edge of the lid to rest on the counter so they will find it sooner.
- It sometimes takes a little while for them to find it, but find it they will.
- When they do, let them alone; you will want to kill them because they look so creepy; but don't because they will hang over the edge of the lid and drink, drink, drink, and then take it back to the nest.
- Almost over night, they will be gone.
My ant problem isn't nearly as bad as it was a few weeks ago.....in fact I haven't seen any ants in a while.....but I'm sure they're out there somewhere.
Boric Acid is toxic to cats
so you'll want to put it in an area that cats cannot get to....like under a sink, in a cabinet.