Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > General > Health News Headlines

Health News Headlines News and research in health, neurology and mental health.

Pot may cut nerve pain

Unread 02-13-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
DocJohn
Administrator
Community Support Team

My Mood:
Default Pot may cut nerve pain

(Topix) Published 12:00 am PST Tuesday, February 13, 2007 Story appeared in MAIN NEWS section, Page A1 Smoking marijuana can ease HIV-related nerve pain, UC San Francisco researchers are reporting today in a study ...
Comment

Read the full article...
DocJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
astern

Unhappy missing link?

Hi Doc John!

I was very curious about this article, but it appears they have moved the link, or it no longer exists. Isn't that always the way when something is found to WORK that cuts-out the pharmacutical companies.

I remain very Grateful for your work here - you are a SAINT on earth!
Anne

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-16-2008)
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:26 AM   #3
Chemar
Administrator
Community Support Team

Hi Anne

the news reports here are done by an automated RSS feed so it isnt actually Doc posting them..............as this one is over a year old since first posted, it is likely that the article is not available online anymore, or moved.

I did a Google search for it and found this which may contain the original article but dies seem to have a lot of info on the subject
click the blue buttons to bring up the individual articles
http://www.cmcr.ucsd.edu/geninfo/news.htm

To avoid being logged out by default when making a lengthy post....
check the Remember Me box when you log in
(not for use on shared or public computers!)

Forgotten your user name and/or password?

Check
if you need help using our community

Here is some
for New Members

Here are our
Chemar is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (03-16-2008), astern (06-20-2008)
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
BrinkTip

Talking POT and Pain

Good link! I have been prescribe cannabis since 2010 for CNS pain. It helps quite a lot, since it can provide instant relief, sometimes almost completely alleviating most symptoms! It's nice to have a natural way to treat such severe pain as spinal pain: I dream of the day I can go to the pharmacy for this miracle flower bud.

I would much prefer to be in no pain!! That's why I joined this site, to learn more about b-12, b1, b6, D, magnesium, cal etc.. supplement therapies..
With Celiacs I have quite the deficiencies!
Be well,

Dom
BrinkTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Spiney95

My Mood:

I have several aquaintances that have experienced increased nerve pain after using pot. Of course, we all know that we react differently to various medications and treatments. Wouldn't it be great if there was a magic silver bullett? I would settle for magic pixie dust but Pain Man never seems to have any. Perhaps a magic wand. I better go back to bed as I am getting down right silly.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With Quote