Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Mental Health Conditions > Bipolar Disorder

Feeling so anxious lately, but my nails look awesome!

Unread 04-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #81
waves
Wise Elder

My Mood:
Heart Dear Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
I was thinking of swatching it on an index card, these are bigger then I would do for testing a gradient, but thought you might like to see some of the water marbles I tested out:

Here's more along the lines of what I had in mind size-wise:

Aha! so they are similar to fabric swatches... coool!!! i never thought to do that ... then again i never did complex designs, much less use any of the special techniques you use. i can't tell you how many times i'd paint "test nails" ... one on each of my fingers... and then have to take them all off again!!!! lol... that's why i asked if by swatch you meant a single nail... ......silly waves!

Quote:
I am having a pretty decent day today! Hope you've had some coffee by now, I am tired too but going to have some iced tea in a sec.
Good to hear... mmmmmmmmm Iced Tea sounds good... i might have to start making that... soon as the weather warms up a little more! I was pretty well out of it the rest of the day yesterday, despite the coffee. Today is a new day. Haven't had my coffee yet though... lol... here we go again! ... only 9.30 and eyelids drooping..... caffeine here i come....

waves is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-30-2012), Dmom3005 (04-28-2012), Pamster (04-27-2012)
Unread 04-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #82
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

Thank you bizi! I really do enjoy it, I felt so empty for the couple years here that I haven't been able to write. It just irritates me and frustrates me in a deep way unlike it used to, it used to flow in such a way I merely felt like I was channeling the words, they would just come any time I sat down. Now? I can only do that for my nail blog, for which I am still very grateful for, but the books and stories seem to be gone. I had hoped dropping the abilify down to 10 mgs like I did a year ago would bring my creativity for writing back but no such luck. I am just delighted to have nail art though, because I was in desperate need of a viable creative outlet again.

Aww those nails are really cool! It looks like she even free handed them! Very cool! I am sorry the pedicure wasn't really good, I think a lot of it depends on the nail tech you end up with. I haven't had one in ages, but with the missing toenail on the index toe, well I don't really see much reason for one. I do pain the other four nails but I just can't really be bothered with doing it regularly. I wish the nail tech you'd had, had had a better touch, that's so important, because the massage is meant to be relaxing and fun but it can be a real turn off and annoying if done in a rushed or half-butted manner. Was that the problem? That it was the massage part you ended up not liking Mari?

I think these tie dyed shirts Jack is up to would look cool with water marbled nails. I really enjoy his tie dyed stuff, this is a better pic of the shirt:

Thank you for the kind words about my appearance waves, I really have felt insecure about it since losing teeth up top. I am still putting off getting a denture, just so scared about it, that's one thing I really hate that I let go of when I was depression, taking good care of my teeth, I am sure paying for it now. I know when I get a denture it will be better in the long run, but I am just scared of the part where they take out the 7 teeth I have left, you know? I figure as long as I can still chew on the few I have that I CAN chew with, I can put it off....but enough about that. I think when the top ones go it's over, they're going to have to get me set up with a top denture and that's it.

Some people do swatch polish on one nail, but I was testing those out for stamping for someone on the nail board I go to, so I didn't want to stamp over my manicure, so I used my stamper on the index card and got pretty good results for the polishes I was testing out. I think the water marbles are the most striking though. I trimmed the cards down and glued them onto one index card so I'd have them together. I love our iced tea jug, it's just an old juice jug, but we try to keep it full, iced tea has always been a staple in any house I've lived in.

Pamster is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-30-2012), Dmom3005 (04-28-2012), Mari (04-30-2012), waves (04-27-2012)
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #83
Mari
Legendary

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
T
Aww those nails are really cool! It looks like she even free handed them! Very cool! I am sorry the pedicure wasn't really good, I think a lot of it depends on the nail tech you end up with. I haven't had one in ages, but with the missing toenail on the index toe, well I don't really see much reason for one. I do pain the other four nails but I just can't really be bothered with doing it regularly. I wish the nail tech you'd had, had had a better touch, that's so important, because the massage is meant to be relaxing and fun but it can be a real turn off and annoying if done in a rushed or half-butted manner. Was that the problem? That it was the massage part you ended up not liking Mari?

Dear Pam,

I do not care too much for the massage -- especially when they use creams/lotions that cause me sensitivities.
The person I used to go to turned 62 and retired. I have been going to a nearby shop that makes me uncomfortable -- not sure really what the issue is. I do hate the chemical smells. Maybe a different place would have better ventilation. There are other places in town.

Jack is doing great shirts. I like this one on you.

M
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-30-2012), Dmom3005 (04-28-2012), Pamster (05-01-2012), waves (04-28-2012)
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #84
Dmom3005
Wise Elder

My Mood:

Pam

I sure wish I were in Florida.
I would come see you to get a sunshine fix.

I really would. I have to tell you if I ever visit the area I might
just see if we can meet so I can have you do my nails.

I might finally get long nails that way.

Donna
Dmom3005 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-30-2012), Mari (04-30-2012), Pamster (05-01-2012), waves (04-28-2012)
Unread 05-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #85
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

I love this shirt, it's so cool! Jack just did one with bleaching and dying it yellow that came out pretty good, it's still setting/curing so I can't photograph it yet, but soon.

I love our FL sunshine too Donna! Biotin is the best way to grow nails in my experience, it's awesome for hair and skin too! Great vitamin supplement. It can cause break outs in higher doses though so stick with between 300 mcg and 1000 mcg capsules. IF you're going to give it a try keep up on it for a few months and you'll really see a difference. I'd love to do your nails, but Jack won't let me meet friends from online in person, so I'm sorry to say that can't happen. I'd be happy to do it, but he's a real stickler on this.

I got that stamping plate I wanted FINALLY! I will have to upload photos soon, I don't have time right now, but it's GREAT! Hope you're all doing well!

Last edited by Pamster; 05-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-01-2012), Dmom3005 (05-09-2012), waves (05-01-2012)
Unread 05-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #86
waves
Wise Elder

My Mood:
Cool Dear Pam

I love the shirt in the picture above... can't wait to see the new one Jack has setting/curing.

Look forward to seeing samples from your new stamping plate too!

(((hugs)))

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-01-2012), Dmom3005 (05-09-2012), Mari (05-02-2012), Pamster (05-02-2012)
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #87
waves
Wise Elder

My Mood:
Thumbs up

Oh wow.... that is a cool plate... love the ones on your nails...

and that holo blue is amazing!!!

WOW!!!

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-01-2012), Dmom3005 (05-09-2012), Mari (05-02-2012), Pamster (05-02-2012)
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #88
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Oh wow.... that is a cool plate... love the ones on your nails...

and that holo blue is amazing!!!

WOW!!!

~ waves ~
Thanks waves! It's incredible polish! I love it a LOT! Had it on since Sunday with no stamping, but I just had to stamp using this HUGE plate I bought, I love it! Thanks for checking it out!

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-01-2012), Dmom3005 (05-09-2012), Mari (05-02-2012), waves (05-01-2012)
Unread 05-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #89
bizi
Legendary

My Mood:
Heart

love the blue with stampings great job!!!!
bizi

This is harriet, my sweet baby girl.....
heavy sigh.....

one day at a time....
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-09-2012), Mari (05-02-2012), Pamster (05-02-2012), waves (05-02-2012)
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:38 AM   #90
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

Thanks bizi! I redid them in a nude if you can believe it or not. LOL! Here's a bad pic, will stamp on it later if the wind isn't too bad.

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-02-2012), Dmom3005 (05-09-2012), waves (05-02-2012)