Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > General > Social Chat

Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

Hello Babies, come on up on the porch...

Unread 04-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
COK

My Mood:
Default Hello Babies, come on up on the porch...

Well ain't you a fine looking bunch!! Jest look at you wid ya hair all in tumbles, looks like you slept wid a nest full of birds last night. Come over here and let's get that mess brushed. You, you go wash that face, look like you made mud pies right on your face right enough. I swear by all that Zeus made gold, you youngins gonna be the death of an ole pore lady.

Come on now, we ain't got much time...here sit in the swing and let me look at you. Well now, you are the most precious bunch of hooligans I ever did look on. It's the Onion Festival and we're going, now...you know Momma expects you to be on your best behavior. That means...no fighting, no neeyahing, no cussing at folks, no elbowing in lines...you mind yo manners. If you don't when I get you home, I'll mind them for ya...now here's money fer each of ya. Go get in the family truckster, boys, you let them girls ride in the front. I don't care if you did call shotgun, I'm the only one that calls shotgun and that's when I git Bouncin Betty outta the closet. Git yer butts in the back of that truck.

Oh, child the onion festival has been going on for close to 40 years I reckon. It was thought up to bring attention to the Vidalia onion and help bring a lil bit more money into the county. Over the years, it did jest that. Yeah, that's right, I used to be a vendor at the market years ago. I even grew onions and worked in the fields, it sho nuff is hard work.
Maybe if you be real good you can have your picture taken with Yumyon...yeah, he's the mascot for the onions. Well baby here we are, go pick out yer ride and be careful.

Well, howdy Mr./Mrs. Leford, here for the paper I reckon? Yep, it is a beautiful day to end the festival. I can't wait to taste Sabrina's onion loaf, I bet it wins again this year. That just melts in ya mouth. Oh, my Luvina's onion casserole is the best, I been trying to get that recipe for years! I ain't entered in years, got too many lil heads to look after. They do love those onion twisties...shore I'll get you that recipe. Well, you folks enjoy, see you later.

Yep, ain't nothing like a local festival to meet all the neighbors and few other good folks might become friends. I guess, all in all, people come mostly to buy the arts and crafts, but me...I like to come to see all the folks I don't get to see much. That is much better than buying anything made...since I can make it myself, true friends can't be bought or sewed by any machine. You kids remember that.

Notice anything different about Momma?

Come On Up On The Porch...
COK is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-29-2012), Darlene (04-30-2012), Kitty (04-29-2012), Twinkletoes (04-29-2012)
Unread 04-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Kitty
Super Moderator

Love the avatar, Momma!

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
COK (03-25-2013), Twinkletoes (04-29-2012)
Unread 04-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #3
TwoKidsTwoCats

My Mood:

Now there's that ol pic of momma that we love!

I wish I was up to a road trip for that onion festival! I missed the Catfish festival back home this year. We even have a chicken and egg festival just down the road. I missed it this year as well.

Oh well, I grabbed me a 10 lb sack of them Vidalia onions at Costco last weekend! Love them fixed every which-way to Sunday!!
COK (07-14-2012), Kitty (04-29-2012)
Unread 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Twinkletoes
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

I remember that avatar!!! I can't help but get a big ole silly grin on my face whenever I see it.

Its SOOO good to see ya heah at the Onion Festival, Momma! It's been a coon's age! Bless yer heart, ya'll haven't aged a BIT!!!

I entered my French Onion soup this year -- all the hands at the ranch jes Love it!!! A course, I don't call it that when I serve it --- them ole boys wouldn't wet their soup-strainers with a fancy-schmancy name like "French" onion soup! What dey don' know won't hurt em -- at least it hasn't yet!

Have you seen Fannie Day's hat this year? I do believe she special mail-ordered it all the way from Savannah. Ever since Nancy's Millinery closed up shop in Atlanta, its been hard to find a decent hat. *sigh* It's no seekret that I like mine to have lots of ostrich feathers. And you my dear, like flowers. They shore don't make 'em like they used tah, do they?

Do you remember that sneaky feller from Florida that used to slip into your threads and wreak havoc? There's still birdshot in my front porch post from when he tried to steal a loaf of my wheat bread from the winder-seal. Well, all the kidz, 'cept Harry Jr. were at school. He grabbed Daddy's double-barrel shotgun from the bureau and skeered that feller nigh to death. Guess he really didn't think Harry Jr. would use it. Dern polecat got more than he barginned fer that day! I haven't seen him since we bound him in duck tape on your thread, Momma. Have you?

Well, its been so good to see you, dear lady! How's that hitch in yer giddy-up? My knees has been feelin poorly this week, evah since I got down on all fours to clean up that nasty mess them boys leave behind our new in-the-house terlet! Guess I need to draw a bullseye in the bowl for them so's they kin do a little target practicin. Lil Harry Jr. is a much better shot than all them bigguns and he has to stand on his tipsy-toes!!!

Well, I've got to get Harry Sr. to hep me start the truck so's we kin get home afore the cows need milkin and the chickens go to roost. And don't tell anyone, Momma, but Bessie Martin had a sly fox sneak into her hen house a few months ago -- she's egspectin' her 10th youngun in a few weeks. That's why she's not heah today, cuz she's big as a barn! Anyway, that's what I heared, but keep that piece of news undah yore hat, cuz I heard Mr. Martin isn't very happy about feeding another mouth -- time's are reel hard for them ever since the coal mine closed.

Well, I really must go, but its bin so nice to see yah!!! Tell everyone hey for me, will ya?

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
COK (07-14-2012), Darlene (04-30-2012), Kitty (07-14-2012), TwoKidsTwoCats (04-29-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
jmiller

My Mood:

Someone needs to bulldoze that porch down, peek aboo!!!
jmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
COK (07-14-2012), Kitty (07-14-2012), Twinkletoes (05-07-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
Kitty
Super Moderator

Well, my my my........jmiller makes an appearance!! Momma, you'd better let the dog sleep on the porch for the next few nights just to make sure nobody snoops around.

"Thanks for this!" says:
COK (07-14-2012), Twinkletoes (05-07-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
jmiller

My Mood:

Might have to feed the hungry dog a "KITTY", here kitty kitty lol!
jmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
COK (07-14-2012), Kitty (05-04-2012), Twinkletoes (05-07-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Kitty
Super Moderator

Don't get my back hairs up, jmiller.......I'm not declawed!

"Thanks for this!" says:
COK (07-14-2012), Twinkletoes (05-07-2012)
Unread 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Sparky10

My Mood:

Momma! I recognized you by the thread title. And of course the avatar. Good to meet up with you again!

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not yet the end.
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
COK (07-14-2012), Kitty (07-14-2012)
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
COK

My Mood:

Well, I see some of you ain't changed them leopard spots...JMiller you ain't feedin no kinda kitty to my bulldog, Sheba. The only thing she might eat is you when you come up in here trying to bulldoze down this porch, that is ifn Bouncin Betty don't get you first.

BTW, where's my fish!! I ain't gettin no younger ya know and neither are you!

Twink, I know that sneaky feller and there is a new hat shop in town...I tried on some new hats just last Tuesday. I got one with peacock feathers I got my eyes on...hope Mable Anne don't see it afore I get back. I tried it on and fit like silk on a worm. I don't tell the fellas its called french onion either...I just tell them Beef with some cheese on top...they'll eat anything that's got cheese. I bet I could put rocks on a plate cover it with cheese...they'd eat it.lol

Sparky...I've missed you...and you know everybody knows that avatar.lol
Two-Kids...you ever make it this far to the festival...you let me know. I live less than five miles from the joint.lol

Come On Up On The Porch...
COK is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (07-15-2012), Kitty (07-14-2012), Twinkletoes (07-16-2012)