Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions A - L > Arnold Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia

Chemical Meningitis After Surgery

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
joalexa
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Default Chemical Meningitis After Surgery

My 15 year old daughter underwent surgery at CHOP on April 23. She was discharged 2 days later with the usual discomfort. We were warned that by day 7-10 she could develop chemical meningitis. She now has excruciating headaches and nauseau. The surgeon said to "stay the course" and this is very uncomfortable. It is so difficult to see her suffer like this. Does anyone on the forum have a (happy) story to tell me about their experience with CM?
joalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
debe56@hotmail.com
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joalexa View Post
My 15 year old daughter underwent surgery at CHOP on April 23. She was discharged 2 days later with the usual discomfort. We were warned that by day 7-10 she could develop chemical meningitis. She now has excruciating headaches and nauseau. The surgeon said to "stay the course" and this is very uncomfortable. It is so difficult to see her suffer like this. Does anyone on the forum have a (happy) story to tell me about their experience with CM?
My 23 yr old daughter had a brain tumor removed and then a shunt put in, but kept experiencing severe head pain...after many, many tests and different hospitals, she was finally diagnosed with CHemical Menningits, but was also discharged (without any medication for treatment) the same day. We were glad to finally find out what the cause of her severe head pain was from, but now we're so worried because she's out of the hospital and not being treated in any way for the menningitis. She just went to another hospital to see if she can get help.
debe56@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #3
joalexa
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debe56@hotmail.com View Post
My 23 yr old daughter had a brain tumor removed and then a shunt put in, but kept experiencing severe head pain...after many, many tests and different hospitals, she was finally diagnosed with CHemical Menningits, but was also discharged (without any medication for treatment) the same day. We were glad to finally find out what the cause of her severe head pain was from, but now we're so worried because she's out of the hospital and not being treated in any way for the menningitis. She just went to another hospital to see if she can get help.
So sorry to hear about your daughter and I hope she finds help. We took our child back to CHOP where she was admitted. They are giving her the steroids and some painkillers which help immensely. Her Catscan and bloodwork came out well so they are thinking chemical meningitis. I'm glad we brought her to ER because it is awful seeing your child suffer! Right now I'm not sure how long she'll be hospitalized.
joalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
debe56@hotmail.com
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joalexa View Post
So sorry to hear about your daughter and I hope she finds help. We took our child back to CHOP where she was admitted. They are giving her the steroids and some painkillers which help immensely. Her Catscan and bloodwork came out well so they are thinking chemical meningitis. I'm glad we brought her to ER because it is awful seeing your child suffer! Right now I'm not sure how long she'll be hospitalized.
Ugh! My daughter has been to the ER twice since diagnosed with Chemical Menningitis... but they will not admit her.. She's very upset..very nervous.. She's afraid something bad is going to happen to her, since she is not being treated for it. I really don't know what I can to do help her... She is in severe pain with her head. This has been a nightmare. I'm glad your daughter is hospitalized and getting help.
debe56@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aseptic Meningitis- IVIG fun ugh! bny806 Myasthenia Gravis 17 12-21-2013 09:21 AM
Aseptic meningitis. A tysondouglass Myasthenia Gravis 8 11-13-2013 11:14 PM
what after meningitis yomna mamdouh Hydrocephalus 1 11-06-2011 04:57 AM
RSD and Meningitis Angelique Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) 0 07-01-2011 09:14 AM
What is Meningitis? (associatedcontent) (Yahoo) NewsBot Health News Headlines 0 10-29-2010 05:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy
NeuroTalk Archives