Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Mental Health Conditions > Bipolar Disorder

Wow! You gotta hear this! (& stamped nails here)

Unread 05-03-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:
Cool Wow! You gotta hear this! (& stamped nails here)

So Jackie said to me, "House" and I put House MD on, he said, "No...House" and pointed to the computer. I got the point and loaded up our address on google satellite maps for him and left him alone. He likes to look around. So I left him alone for maybe ten minutes and then he asked for me to come look, with "What's that?" and I'll be darned if he didn't have our old apartment loaded!! He'd found his way there! I was stunned....

You'd think that is a lot right? Well it doesn't end there...I told him, "Wow, you drove the satellite to the old apartment Jackie, that's cool honey." and I left him alone again, seemingly feeling very satisfied with himself. About 15 minutes went by and I was sure he'd loaded up something else, like Nick.com or Cartoon network...NO...He called me over, "What's that??" And I about fell OFF my chair! He'd found the first apartment we lived in and had moved OUT Of when he was 4!!! I nearly choked! Isn't that really cool?? I complimented him on finding the first apartment, and was stunned he'd been able to locate it using ONLY the controls on the google maps! He asked "What's that?" with regards to the new car lot that they'd opened up like a hundred feet away from the front door of the place, and I told him, "Things change honey, there's a car lot there now instead of the wooded lot."

I had to call Mother, she and her hubby were both totally blown away! Jack was too! I had to share with you all because I knew you'd 'get' why this is so amazing to me. He must have one heckuva memory! It's like he 'walked' around our local towns here, the first place is maybe 15 minutes away from here, and the second place (the one he found last) is two towns away and more like 25 minutes away. I am just so proud of him for his little outing.

And now for the manicure!

Pretty great evening! I figured it was time for a new thread, I think 9 pages is pushing it and I don't like to stress the server, so I'll be making new threads at 9-ish pages so we don't stress the server.

Pamster is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-03-2012), Dmom3005 (05-03-2012), Mari (05-03-2012), waves (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
bizi
Legendary

My Mood:
Heart

wow!!!! that is amazing that he was able to do that. Do you think he remembered the addresses? was that how he was able to find them????
no wonder you so pleased...thanks for sharing, that was wonderful news! and nice nails to boot!
bizi

This is harriet, my sweet baby girl.....
heavy sigh.....

one day at a time....
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-03-2012), Mari (05-03-2012), Pamster (05-03-2012), waves (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

Thanks bizi! I think he remembered the driving part of it, the locations not the actual street names. It was remarkable to me that he managed to do it though, I was so impressed with him. He really is a remarkable kid isn't he?

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-03-2012), Dmom3005 (05-03-2012), waves (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Dmom3005
Wise Elder

My Mood:

Pam

Make sure you share this with the teachers also. This is something
they need to know. It would be interesting to see if they can use
this to teach him other things too.

Donna
Dmom3005 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-03-2012), Pamster (05-03-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

I think I will tell her, she should know you're right!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-03-2012), Dmom3005 (05-04-2012), Mari (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #6
Mari
Legendary

My Mood:
Thumbs up

Pam,
Your son is doing well because you are are great mom.
M

"Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock, And sweet you roll
Lost for you I'm so lost for you"

Dave Mathews Band

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-04-2012), Dmom3005 (05-04-2012), Pamster (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #7
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

Awwww *blush* thanks Mari, I really appreciate you saying that. I do devote myself to him. Ever since he's been born he's wanted my attention and he's had it! They had asmall pizza party at his class yesterday because he's been THAT good!

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-04-2012), Dmom3005 (05-04-2012), Mari (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
waves
Wise Elder

My Mood:
Heart This is amazing!

Wow Pam,

What Jackie did really is impressive... you definitely need to let his teachers know... he seems to have a hidden talent. They can surely use that in some way to help teach him but more than anything, it should be explored (no pun intended) and developed further if possible.

This is blow-me-away andthensome awesome!

anyway, keep us posted on any developments w/ regards to Jackie's house-finding... any way you can "spy" on him a little to get a better idea of exactly how he goes about it?

As for the manicure... the silver stamping looks lovely on the nude polish... really dresses it up! I must say, I didn't care much for the color on its own (in part perhaps because I generally go for frosted colors rather than creams anyway), but with the stamping it looks really elegant. You sure know how to put stuff together!

(((hugs)))

~ waves ~
waves is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-04-2012), Dmom3005 (05-04-2012), Pamster (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Pamster
Magnate

My Mood:

I know right??? I did tell the teacher today in his notebook but it didn't come home with him so I don't know what she thought of it yet. However his behavior analyst was out today and I shared it with her and she was duly impressed! She said she has a 17 year old who did the same thing on google maps! And that some people with autism are really GOOD with maps and directions so she wasn't too surprised. That he found the one from 11 years ago though, she was impressed with that.

I am so excited about it. I didn't like that color on its own either honestly, but stamped it was good, I've since changed it to this:

I needed more color! LOL! However I like to mess around with combos, so I added some glitter to it and it's even prettier! I will have to try to get some photos in the sun tomorrow. I'll be watching him playing on the google satellite more now, I set up a bookmark to the house and set it to be on 'street view' for him, and he's already taken it to the old park we used to take him to when we used to live in the place before here. I am betting he's gonna look for the one from the old place two towns away!

(((hugs)))

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (05-04-2012), Dmom3005 (05-05-2012), Mari (05-04-2012), waves (05-05-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #10
bizi
Legendary

My Mood:

purple is my favorite color!
bizi

This is harriet, my sweet baby girl.....
heavy sigh.....

one day at a time....
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-05-2012), Mari (05-05-2012), Pamster (05-05-2012)