Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Multiple Sclerosis > The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

Our new car

Unread 05-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Dejibo
Elder

My Mood:
Default Our new car

Well, we did it. We sold DHs truck, then we traded mine in. I promised to show a photo when I could. We just picked it up today. Got to the dealer and it was NOT the one we were expecting. No side steps to get in the car, no tow package. UGH! so I had to renegotiate the whole deal again! its been a long ugly day, and I was so tired that I couldnt climb the stairs at the town hall to register it. I just sat and cried in public. DH sat with me and just waited for me to get my breath. I guess it really is time to go to a one car home. Thanks for all the support.

Here is the new car.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-05-2012), ewizabeth (05-03-2012), jprinz99 (05-05-2012), Judy2 (05-03-2012), Kitty (05-03-2012), SallyC (05-03-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Kitty
Super Moderator

Very nice! I miss the excitement of getting a new car. I hope you enjoy it!

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-03-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Jules A

My Mood:

It is beautiful!! Enjoy.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-03-2012)
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
doydie
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

Does it have all the bells and whistles? We love our Escape but it is basic model. No fancy electronic stuff

doydie is online now   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #5
Dejibo
Elder

My Mood:

It is the Escape Limited with most of the bells and whistles. I did not get the DVD screen, or the DVD headrests. I did not get the park assist. I was expecting the Tow package and running boards, but the car we found had 5k miles on it, and we chose a new one vs a used one for the lease. it has Sync, sirrius radio, voice assistance, 911 assist. (if the air bags deploy it calls the cops for me) back up camera, leather, seat warmers, bum and back, with chrome wheels, which match the chrome accents of the Limited package.

I already synced my phone to it, so I can hear my books on tape without having to plug in 3 different cords, and turn to aux, and make sure the radio station is on the right FM channel...I just push the media button and she says "May I help you?" and I say "bluetooth audio" and whatever is playing on my Iphone comes thru the speakers. If I get a phone call, we just push a button on the steering wheel to answer and it comes thru the speakers. No more DH fumbling when his phone rings (and it rings a lot!) or handing it off to me to answer. It wont let you do any set ups while the car is going. I had to wait for DH to park the car. Safety feature so you are not distracted driving. So, I can play the regular radio (free) my Iphone (free after I download the songs) or sirrius (i negotiated 2 years free) or Ford Sync will hook me up ( i negotiated 3 years free.) So, several toys that I dont know yet how to use.

DH came home and was like a small boy. He went right away to the Weather Tech website to get window vents, floor mats, cargo mat, and bug deflector for it. He hasnt named her yet, but I suspect it wont be long.

If you look up Ford Escape Package 302A you will see all the features. Im really disappointed about the running boards, but its pretty low to the ground, like a higher station wagon, so its not bad. Its wonderful to have the heated seats, so my back gets all toasty warm when its cold out.

I was so sad to trade in my car, and shed a tear at her when I said goodbye to a great ride, but to see how happy DH is today makes it all worth while. is also confusing the nosy neighbors who are driving really slowly past the house. they no longer see his truck or my car, and now there is a strange blue car in the driveway! what on earth could be happening?? did they sell the house? did they split up? The DH got a new Marine Corp license plate, so its not the same # as before.

The seats are really comfy and it has that luscious new car smell. mmmm....DH said he wants me to drive it today to see how it handles if I am up to it. I just slept for 12 hours! I was spent when we came home.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Copaxone 8/7/07

"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Earl

I have a 2010 Ford fusion with sync and all the other options. I want to trade in on a Ford escape because of my business, but I really love my car. If you haasymptote 4s you can push the button on the home screen for the iPhone and Siri will work through the stereo apeakers just like sync does. Sync is an absolutely awesome option and I am totally green with envy for your car. I really wish I had an escape now more than ever.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-04-2012)
Unread 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
Dejibo
Elder

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
If you haasymptote 4s you can push the button on the home screen for the iPhone and Siri will work through the stereo apeakers just like sync does. Sync is an absolutely awesome option and I am totally green with envy for your car. I really wish I had an escape now more than ever.
I searched for that app, but couldnt find it. Can you double check the name? I would love to have it.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Copaxone 8/7/07

Unread 05-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #8
jprinz99

My Mood:

what beautiful new addition to the family. Sorry to hear there was some "drama" upon pick up but all is over and done now.

My best friend has one and is in love with hers. May I offer up my personal opinion on the factory installed running boards? The Ford runing boards are kind of narrow & not much help. If you feel you need to install a pair I suggest some aftermarket supplier running boards that are a bit wider to make getting in/out easier on those days you don't feel up to snuff.

I am fortunate that my fanny is pretty much seat high, so they are really not needed after all to get in/out of her car (even on bad days), but I am a bit long legged I will say we never lack for room to stow my wheelchair - even with the rear wheels not removed. Can you imagine how much luggage that rear end will hold? Sounds like time for a nice vacation...

Congrats! Any ideas on a name???

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-05-2012), SallyC (05-05-2012)
Unread 05-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #9
Dejibo
Elder

My Mood:

In the end I chose to NOT have the dealer install their side steps. Since we are leasing the vehicle for 3 years we cannot modify the ride unless we do it thru ford, so after market steps would be out. it really is lower to the ground than you would think. Now the expedition we had...I had to climb! it just a tiny step up, and there is a handle as you open the door, so I can pull myself in too.

Hubby ran out when I had the sirius XM radio programmed and found all sorts of channels that he likes. We have the upgraded sound system, so it sounds like you are at the concert. I fixed it so it will let him answer his phone on the steering wheel, and he can hang up without touching his phone. it mutes the stereo and allows the incoming call. Its voice activated, so he pushes the phone button and says "call home" and it does! I allowed it to download his address book, so no fumbling to speak the number for it. cool!

He is taking it out to show his friends today. im going to hide at home.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Copaxone 8/7/07

Unread 05-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

Jane, I'm tall 5'6", but my legs are not that long and butt is not seat high, so I had to get a Turny seat installed. I never had a problem jumping into my mini untill the last couple of years. I hate this s**** disease.

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-05-2012), Dejibo (05-06-2012), jprinz99 (05-05-2012), mochagirl13 (05-07-2012)