Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Mental Health Conditions > Bipolar Disorder

Day starting energy drink and new challenge

Unread 05-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
DiMarie
Magnate

Heart Day starting energy drink and new challenge

Well, its not New Years, but I am starting on taking on the challenge to have more energy and lose weight. I am 70lbs overweight....I was never thin but always had a nice bod. I want it back. THe challenge, my thyroid and hormonal. My test came back that it is out of control. The dose of synthroid was increased, and now to get some energy.

I was watching Dr. Oz and saw some things I could do. He had a Day starting energy drink: 2 oz tomatoe juice, 1/2 tsp of horseradish, dab of hot sauce, and lemon slice.

Then there was a drink to give energy and make you feel full. Chia seeds. I found them in the natural food section of our Wegman's. Mix 9 pts water to 1 of seeds, I used a tblsp. It turns slight gel like, kind of tapico for the seeds, and bit of Blue Agave. I gave it few drops of lemon.
It really had no taste as opposed to tasting bad or sweet. THe seeds can go on salad, cereal, or food to eat. A Mayan thing for hunters to have energy.

THen I ordered the unroasted green coffee bean extract. 800 mg a day in a capsul. He had two woman, one shaped like me that did nothing to her diet, no exersize just took the pills and she lost 7lbs in one week. It does not have side effects, but I want to read more to see about caffine.

A few other things, I got a grape penergy powder from the nutrician shop along with a cleanse pills. The tblsp of powder to 12oz water. It has dandilion in so maybe I can get off the water pills. My bp is okay per se, but I am holding soooo much fluid.

While I was in the grocery store, I picked up pears I like, organic orange jucie, V8 instead of the tomato juice with low sodium, V8 fruit drinks, and fruit water zero.
I did not buy the engery powder at the shop, instead I got one that was Arnold Palmer, I can't recall the ingrediant, but it also had the dandilion in it. Half the size and 1/3 the cost.

Going to try and use this as the energy booste during the day at mid afternoon. I did not have breakfast yet, but instead of the eggs and toast fried, I have a boild egg, whole grain bread, and will make a sandwhich on one slice and have the pear.

For a snack, I got Grahm crackers and natural peanut butter, natural popcorn, and organic orange juice.

Then a decent supper, maybe this weekend, salad with chicken, and a homemade soup to get through.

I think I will look up the one I had for cabbage soup. Lots of veggies in it. Lean burger on lettuce and tomato for Sunday with a side of something to think up.
That will get me through to Monday.

Praying I have more energy.....need to declutter, tear up a carpet in the hall damaged by cats and carpet shampoo'er. I brought De's cats up, and horrific marking at my bedroom door.

The town clean up with a dumpster is the next week, so this week to get rid of old crap, and reclaim my downstairs that has been more storage then family room.

Today is laundry, tomorrow the clutter on counters and end tables.
Wish me luck.
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), bizi (05-05-2012), Kitty (05-05-2012), Mari (05-05-2012), mymorgy (05-06-2012)
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
bizi
Legendary

My Mood:
Heart

Wow!!!! I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors to finding more energy and weight loss. WE will root for you, and be patient with you.
I believe that you can do anything that you put your mind to.
I believe in you.
bizi

This is harriet, my sweet baby girl.....
heavy sigh.....

one day at a time....
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), DiMarie (05-15-2012), Mari (05-05-2012), mymorgy (05-06-2012)
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
Kitty
Super Moderator

I tried to drink that type of energy drink but just could not stomach it. It's a great drink if you can tolerate it. Maybe I should just hold my nose and drink it! I wish you success with this......eating better is always helpful. I need to do more healthy eating and less "grazing". Guess that's supposed to sound like something a cow does so I won't do it so much......

It's always easier for me, too, in warmer weather. More fresh fruits and salads.

Last edited by Kitty; 05-06-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), bizi (05-06-2012), mymorgy (05-06-2012)
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
DiMarie
Magnate

Heart

Thank Bizi and Kitty,
I tend to not graze, just eat one full meal a day. Screwing up my metab, something about storing the energy as fat. I just never have an appetite.

The powder drink was grape, very light flavor that I tried yesterday, I have no idea what to expect with the Arnold Palmer one. I am tempted to return it after you said these drinks tend to be bad.
I would rather pay the $40 and have a coffe can size of a really good tasting one. It did give me a boost.

I can't wait to plant the garden, we still had frost last week and snow on Wed before so we rarely plant before Memorial Day unless it is hardy.

I am going on a cruise in Sept and want to look decent in a bathing suit, so walking on the tredmill too.

No work, so to speak lately. The franchise manager in my area was involved with fraud billing and no referrals except out of the area. Still looking for something with less travel. I actually had to take a claim 5 hrs away almost to Erie PA from the Pocono area to have a paycheck for this pay period. DH drove, we took dd and she stopped by Penns Cave near State College. It is a boat ride, last time she was really small, maybe 5 yrs old.

We drove out the night before, I did the claim for a fallen tree damage the next day then we drove home. I get paid for the travel time and onsite work, the room and gas was paid. THeir agent in NY was 90 minutes away and said he was unavailable.
You know though, the owner assisgned me the claim and never called to see if I was up to it. Neither did he webmail me to thank me for doing it and having everything uploaded the next morning. Frustrating.....
Think he was annoyed at the room and gas reimbursement.

Oh, just found out the Aquafina Flavor Splash, is yucky. Back to plain water.
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), bizi (05-05-2012), Kitty (05-05-2012), Mari (05-05-2012), mymorgy (05-06-2012)
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
mrsD
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I hope you have a good GI tract... all that spice and laxative Chia seeds! That would KILL ME. LOL

Please use the search function to find more information here in our forums. Your keyword must be at least 4 letters long. This is the handy link:

mrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), bizi (05-05-2012), DiMarie (05-06-2012), mymorgy (05-06-2012)
Unread 05-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
DiMarie
Magnate

Hi mrs D,
Great stomach, lactose intolerant. The spice is part of my diet already, I am the type that puts dabs of hot sauce on eggs, or jucie. If we are out I drink a V8 with my bloody mary, tobasco.

Never had the chia seeds before, but as I watch the dairy and have thyroid issues, I get constipated so maybe something will keep me moving. I will keep an eye out.

The one I really am interested in is the green coffee extract and see if that helps melt the tummy fat off. Nothing I do dieting helps that. Frustrating.

The dandilion in the cleans pill had me peeing better then the water pill yesterday.
I liked a snack of grahm cracker w/ natural peanut butter and I am not a fan of peanut butter.

My normal sleep pattern which has been non existant the last years, actually slept last night from 11:30 pm to 7:30 am, only up once to the bathroom, right back to sleep.

Still struggle with energy level during the day. The increase in the generic synthroid has not been boosting the energy. Makes me think what is going on with the cortisol?

I wonder if a 16 year old have thyroid problems?

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), bizi (05-06-2012), Mari (05-06-2012), mymorgy (05-06-2012)
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
bizi
Legendary

My Mood:
Smile

OMG!!!!!! you slept!!!!!!!
that is great news!!!!!!
happy for you maybe you can finally get caught up in this area of your life and feel better, sleep is so restoring.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

heavy sigh.....

one day at a time....
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), DiMarie (05-08-2012), Mari (05-06-2012), mymorgy (05-15-2012)
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
DiMarie
Magnate

Heart

STILL SLEEPING!
I have no clue what is helping, but I am sleeping a normal sleep pattern, and 7 hrs, with one bathroom run.

Today was a difficult day, My DeAnne would have been 35. I can't believe it is five years.
This was the last trip to Disney we took, with my younger son,

The opthmologist found out that I have double vision from a weak eye muscle. No wonder I walk with my head tilted. He ordered a prism for my glasses. I have a cateract too, small. But it really affected my distance vision.

The new glasses with the prism, coating, and transitions were $500 with the exam.
Augh, I was not prepared for that. Good thing I had the assignment last week to do. I had an inquirey from an attorney for the Federal Gov. wireless laws, they asked if I was available on the 26th to do some stop and checks.

There is a boxing fight on paid per view, and they want to make sure it is not being aired by venues that do not pay.I wll take a photo of the business, out side, get some video of the inside TV with the fight on if violating, good thing a cell phone can work.
It pays a few hundred each violation. There are a dozen venues to check. Or I can keep gong for others too.

I want to make sure I get paid whether or not there are violations though...
Gee, almost bed time...getting sleepy.
di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), bizi (05-08-2012), Mari (05-08-2012), mymorgy (05-15-2012)
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
bizi
Legendary

My Mood:
Heart

I am so happy to hear that you are sleeping, amazing!!!!!!!
good luck with the new work, yes you should get paid something to do the checking not just straight commission.
hugs to you tonight
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

heavy sigh.....

one day at a time....
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), DiMarie (05-08-2012), Mari (05-08-2012), mymorgy (05-15-2012)
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #10
Mari
Legendary

My Mood:

Dear Di,

I am sorry you are missing De. She looks happy in that photo.

M

Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (06-24-2012), bizi (05-08-2012), DiMarie (05-08-2012), mymorgy (05-15-2012)