Originally Posted by doydie
If. and that is a big if I finally can get there I can do one task and then it freezes up. Like I can go into one of my groups but not post. I can click into Wheel of fortune but not do anything. Usually I can't even get there. This is happening on both my computers. I haven't tried it on IE, maybe I should try that. i use google chrome
Tried logging in on IE and couldn't
I use Facebook DAILY (some would say TOO MUCH) and also use Google Chrome as my main web browser. I have a few questions, which, with more data, may help me help you better.
1. How old is your computer and what operating system are you using? (XP, Vista, Win 7...)
2. Does your webpage "lock up" when you go to any other websites, say **, or even on this site here?
3. How long have you had a FB account? When you go into your "groups", I assuming you mean like "close friends" or a church group page or something like that, is there a box below a status that you can type in (the comment box)?
4. FB makes changes to their system regularly (too often, if you ask me)!! Are you Windows Updates all up to date, including the program JAVA? (Once I know your operating system, I'd be happy to post step by step instructions on how to check if your computer is up to date, and if not, how to get it up to date!)
5. Lastly, who (like Comcast/Infinity, Verizon....) are you using for your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and do you have dial up service, or some type of broadband/DSL. (Hint... if it doesn't tie up your phone line and you can be on the phone AND on the Internet at the same time, then you do NOT have dial up, and then have one of the other types.)
I'm very happy to help, and do some technology training and support as part of my "real" job, but also do it on the side to help out friends and strangers. I even have a technology page on Facebook for the public, but we need to get your Facebook "bugs" figured out first!!