Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > General > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!!

1st post here

Unread 11-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
jpcrps

Default 1st post here

Hi! I am Jenny aka jpcrps. I have just passed the one year anniversary of the surgery which brought on the crps. Started with toe surgery - which was the outcome after 2 years of grinding pain in the 2nd MTP of 2nd toe, mostly from playing tennis.
jpcrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #2
jpcrps

Default 1st post here

Hi! I am Jenny aka jpcrps. I have just passed the one year anniversary of the surgery which brought on the crps. Started with toe surgery - which was the outcome after 2 years of grinding pain in the 2nd MTP of 2nd toe, mostly from playing tennis.

This folllowing multiple treatments resulting in my current situation, which is symptomatic swelling of the foot, now also left hand, and burning sensations in both feet, thighs, arms and hands. Thankfully the total burning package is not so frequent, but it is off and on. Worry about where this thing is heading.

Have participated in another group, and have a (very small) on line support group of my own, but need to keep in touch with others experiencing this condition to stay sane, compare my symptoms to those of others (validation of reality), and most importantly, connect with people who understand the unbelievable roller coaster of living with crps.

I hope to meet and come to befriend people here in mutual support.

Love,
Jenny
jpcrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Tetanus Toxoid

Hello Jenny!

I have CRPS too, my story on how I got it is much different than yours though.

My 5 year anniversery just passed

Burning? My injury is to my dominant arm, however that burning I actually feel it in the winter on my left foot, same side as my arm, it burns like my Allodynia so it burns "to me" on the "top" of my skin and not so much on the inside, but my injured arm burns BOTH on the inside along with nerve shocks, and on the top of my skin like Allodynia.

Lucky you!!!! You have it for only a year, it took my doctor 2 1/2 yrs to diagnose me, you know depending upon an early recognition and proper diagnosis of CRPS early on is KEY to REMISSION, so I don't really know your full situation, but remission is quite possible from what I understand ONLY by an early diagnosis.

People can get CRPS/RSD from stubbing their toe, very common with surgeries where the doctor accidently nicks or damages a nerve. Very common with car accident victims too, soldiers in the wars over the centuries I believe had it too, except they called it something like Causaglia (sorry for the spelling) or something like that.

With me, my arm doesn't need to be the color red to burn the daylights outta me, when I flare my skin looks like a lobster, a few years ago when we had a harsh winter, I did a quick and painful experiemnet, I went outside with just a t-shirt and within MINUTES my affected arm stiffened like petrified wood and my ENTIRE arm turned purple not red, purple, while my other arm acted like it was just cold with a normal skin color.

May god bless you, I know EXACTLY the pain your feeling, my best suggestion is to take a look at the "Calmare" machine, as soon as it's available near where I live and I'm satisfied with it's amazing claims, I will most likely give it a try, even though "they" say it's harmless, the LAST thing I need is having more grief from people in the medical field who can easily mess you up.

Do your research, make sure your treating doctors actually KNOW what their doing to help you cope and live with it, and also llok at remission, you might still have a chance.
Tetanus Toxoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
azoyizes
Magnate

Hi, and welcome to NeuroTalk. We're so glad you found us.

CRPS forum:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum21.html

You will be pleased to find the people here on the boards to be helpful, nice, and caring.

azoyizes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #5
Darlene
Legendary
Community Welcome Team

My Mood:
Wink Nice to meet you!!

Jenny,

It is great to have you come and be with us. You will fine a great number of dear friends to listen when you are in need of ears. Please, just let us know how we can help you out. You will find out we are supportive and relaxing place.

Please keep us up to date on your condition. Again welcome, looking forward to seeing you around. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil -- it has no point.
Darlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
Rrae
Grand Magnate
Community Welcome Team

My Mood:
Smile Hello Jenny!

Welcome to NT!

You've come to a wonderful place of support and understanding!
Lots of caring people here.

I see you are finding your way around just fine and are meeting new friends who can truly relate to what you are feeling.

It's great to have you here!

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With Quote