Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health & Related Topics > Medications & Treatments > SCS & Pain Pumps

SCS & Pain Pumps For spinal cord stimulator (SCS) and pain pump discussions.

Need your prayers...

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
Rrae
Grand Magnate
 
Rrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: i thought it was in my left pocket
Posts: 4,106
My Mood:
Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhyte View Post
that first sentence didn't come out right... I meant I'll have to just try to watch a movie and relax. It sounds like I'm telling you to relax, lol. Sorry Rae! Def didn't mean that!!!

~Colleen
Actually! It would probably do me a world of GOOD if I was told this from time to time! I tend to worry over things that really don't matter

Colleen, PLEASE don't push yourself as you near your procedure!! Your body might end up completely mad at you and revolt! I know what you mean tho, I'm the same way.
Just have the mindset that you will be needing help as you recover, so take it graciously when people want to do things for you. Staying at your dad's sounds like a great idea! At least for the first few 'crucial' days, plus you won't be sitting there at your house staring at all the things that 'need done'. It can wait. Then, after the surgical pain lightens up, you'll probably start feeling pretty good since your unit will be covering over your pain.
This is the time to BE VERY CAREFUL! Oh YES, take it from ME!
I felt 'good enuf' to convince myself that it was OK to throw a heavy bale of hay to my horses and use an axe to break 6 inches of ice in the pond so my horses could drink!
.......cuz, of course I was 'exempt' from restrictions you see - that stuff only happens to OTHER people! yes i paid the price

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-21-2012), Hannabananna (11-22-2012), Jackiey (11-22-2012), Mark56 (11-21-2012), SnowWhyte (11-22-2012)
Unread 11-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
Mark56
Grand Magnate
 
Mark56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 4,428
Default Terrible to Pay the Price....

and Not even receive MILES for it......
Yup,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-21-2012), Jackiey (11-22-2012), Rrae (11-21-2012), SnowWhyte (11-22-2012)
Unread 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
eva5667faliure
Magnate
 
eva5667faliure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new jersey
Posts: 2,004
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Actually! It would probably do me a world of GOOD if I was told this from time to time! I tend to worry over things that really don't matter

Colleen, PLEASE don't push yourself as you near your procedure!! Your body might end up completely mad at you and revolt! I know what you mean tho, I'm the same way.
Just have the mindset that you will be needing help as you recover, so take it graciously when people want to do things for you. Staying at your dad's sounds like a great idea! At least for the first few 'crucial' days, plus you won't be sitting there at your house staring at all the things that 'need done'. It can wait. Then, after the surgical pain lightens up, you'll probably start feeling pretty good since your unit will be covering over your pain.
This is the time to BE VERY CAREFUL! Oh YES, take it from ME!
I felt 'good enuf' to convince myself that it was OK to throw a heavy bale of hay to my horses and use an axe to break 6 inches of ice in the pond so my horses could drink!
.......cuz, of course I was 'exempt' from restrictions you see - that stuff only happens to OTHER people! yes i paid the price

Rae
as she is right about it all
i still think i am like a "working horse"
to recoup is precious time lost
as when i feel good i tend to over do it
SHE IS RIGHT
__________________
someone who cares
eva
eva5667faliure is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jackiey (11-22-2012), Mark56 (11-21-2012), Rrae (11-21-2012), SnowWhyte (11-22-2012)
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #14
Hannabananna
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SE Florida..close to the ocean
Posts: 336
My Mood:
Heart The R&R preacher in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Actually! It would probably do me a world of GOOD if I was told this from time to time! I tend to worry over things that really don't matter

Colleen, PLEASE don't push yourself as you near your procedure!! Your body might end up completely mad at you and revolt! I know what you mean tho, I'm the same way.
Just have the mindset that you will be needing help as you recover, so take it graciously when people want to do things for you. Staying at your dad's sounds like a great idea! At least for the first few 'crucial' days, plus you won't be sitting there at your house staring at all the things that 'need done'. It can wait. Then, after the surgical pain lightens up, you'll probably start feeling pretty good since your unit will be covering over your pain.
This is the time to BE VERY CAREFUL! Oh YES, take it from ME!
I felt 'good enuf' to convince myself that it was OK to throw a heavy bale of hay to my horses and use an axe to break 6 inches of ice in the pond so my horses could drink!
.......cuz, of course I was 'exempt' from restrictions you see - that stuff only happens to OTHER people! yes i paid the price

Rae
Colleen,
NOW is the time to rest your mind...NOW is the time to prepare your body (talk to it)...NOW is the time to reflect on your journey...NOW is the time to vision your pain relieved future.

Get my drift...the better you go in the better you come out.
That dirt and mess will wait for you---it will even grow for you...let the world turn without you for a bit...make ready for YOUR changes to come.

I think added to the list of things to get post op...for me would have been restraints.

This lecture comes from someone who suffered terribly from "over doing".

Johanna*
Hannabananna is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jackiey (11-22-2012), Mark56 (11-22-2012), Rrae (11-24-2012), SnowWhyte (11-22-2012)
Unread 11-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #15
eva5667faliure
Magnate
 
eva5667faliure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: new jersey
Posts: 2,004
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannabananna View Post
Colleen,
NOW is the time to rest your mind...NOW is the time to prepare your body (talk to it)...NOW is the time to reflect on your journey...NOW is the time to vision your pain relieved future.

Get my drift...the better you go in the better you come out.
That dirt and mess will wait for you---it will even grow for you...let the world turn without you for a bit...make ready for YOUR changes to come.

I think added to the list of things to get post op...for me would have been restraints.

This lecture comes from someone who suffered terribly from "over doing".

Johanna*
beautifully said
thank you
today i sit and watch my
four children cook
Thanksgiving meal
i taught then well
including Hungarian
dishes
and i get to love my
granddaughter and dog
me i get even more
upset when having to lie
in bed for two or three days
because i over did it
we must remember to enjoy
the days when we feel better than
poop is the time to suck it in
for it never lasts

wishing you a happy Thanksgiving Day!
__________________
someone who cares
eva
eva5667faliure is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (11-22-2012), Rrae (11-24-2012), SnowWhyte (11-22-2012)
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
Jackiey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,007
My Mood:
Smile Oh yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva5667faliure View Post
as she is right about it all
i still think i am like a "working horse"
to recoup is precious time lost
as when i feel good i tend to over do it
SHE IS RIGHT
Yep I totally understand what EVA is saying here. I too tend to OVERDO it when I get started. I keep on going and going and going and then WALLOP I am good for nothing!!! my own fault. A touch of OCD here unfortunately, and of course NOBODY can do it as good as me anyway....so I might as well just do it myself

So Colleen....try....just try to take it handy......dont over do it....easier said than done.....but honestly...better in the long run.

Take care

Jackie
Jackiey is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-23-2012), Mark56 (11-22-2012), Rrae (11-24-2012), SnowWhyte (11-22-2012)
Unread 11-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
Spiney95
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 598
My Mood:
Default I remember the good old days

Yep, the week before I would have major open surgery, I would deep clean the house. I mean move the furniture, turn the mattresses etc. How dumb. My logic was if I did any further damage, the surgeon could take care of it while he was in there. The body needs theraputic care........fresh air, walking if possible and good nutrition. Behave yourself.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-23-2012), Jackiey (11-23-2012), Mark56 (11-22-2012), Rrae (11-24-2012), SnowWhyte (11-22-2012)
Unread 11-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
SnowWhyte
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 99
Default Wise Words...

Wise words my friends! I have, indeed, pretty much given in to the mess and decided to take it easy...save for the laundry that I'm currently doing (that takes enough of a toll on my body, but I'm literally OUT of clean clothes, so that one I had no choice on). But I'm not allowing myself to go all-out, as I usually do once I get started. It's just not worth it. And you all have helped me keep that in mind- thank you! and Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!

~Colleen
SnowWhyte is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-23-2012), Hannabananna (11-22-2012), Jackiey (11-23-2012), Mark56 (11-22-2012), Rrae (11-24-2012)
Unread 11-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #19
Mark56
Grand Magnate
 
Mark56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 4,428
Heart Oh......

I have never been gulty of overdoing....... and if you believe that whopper, I will TRY real hard to get you to believe I have never overdone it. The road to recovery is populated by many of us who strive and strive harder to emerge as good as possible from the long course of healing followed usually by physical therapy. My family has become so very adept in the meantime at JERKING my reins or Tattling on me if I appear to be doing too much. This is their "defend Mark" mechanism which is set to keep me from hurting myself in a deha vu all over again moment.

This, I ponder, and realize OK Fine, this frees up more time responding here and lifting up prayer for we who need,
Colleen, this is your thread and your moment of prayer,
Just know you are held securely in the heart of God as prayers are lifted up
ON YOUR Behalf,
So, without overdoing, get ready for what comes,
It will take at least a little healing therafter,
THEN, here is a big dose of Hope all will be well,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-23-2012), Hannabananna (11-23-2012), Jackiey (11-23-2012), Rrae (11-24-2012), SnowWhyte (11-24-2012)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need prayers! nancyinLA Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) 11 09-23-2009 12:36 AM
Prayers for DH JustWeave Sanctuary for Spiritual Support 37 01-30-2009 08:32 AM
Prayers for AMN SandyC Sanctuary for Spiritual Support 56 10-14-2008 11:48 PM
Prayers please momXseven The Stumble Inn 24 05-04-2008 05:20 PM
Prayers for my Dad please redtail Sanctuary for Spiritual Support 10 08-16-2007 12:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy
NeuroTalk Archives