Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Mental Health Conditions > Depression

so worried about my wife

Unread 11-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
bretd

Default so worried about my wife

My wife had her yearly mamogram the other day and they called her back and said they found something and they need to do another mamogram and a ultra sound. They said they notice a spot that had gotten bigger since last year. They also said it maybe a shadow. It is driving me crazy with worry. Please pray everything is ok with my love Paula.
bretd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Leesa

My Mood:

Many times it is nothing - and it IS just a shadow. And very often it's a cyst, which is most always benign. So try not to worry bretd. Worry gets you nothing, and doesn't change what happens. And by YOUR worrying, it's making Paula upset. So try to be supportive and make Paula think that everything is going to be OK.

You will face things as they come, one day at a time. That's all you can do.

God bless you and Paula, and I'll keep you both in my prayers. Take care bretd. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-24-2012)
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
katmae

My Mood:
Smile praying

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretd View Post
My wife had her yearly mamogram the other day and they called her back and said they found something and they need to do another mamogram and a ultra sound. They said they notice a spot that had gotten bigger since last year. They also said it maybe a shadow. It is driving me crazy with worry. Please pray everything is ok with my love Paula.
I will say a prayerfor you both and I realy hope that it is nothing
katmae is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-24-2012)
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Sam

I'm sorry you and Paula are having to go through this. Waiting is difficult, but I'm sure the Dr.s want to be certain of what they are seeing and develop a plan to go forward.

The most important thing you can do right now is be supportive. Imagine if you were facing possible testicular cancer. Right or wrong, we tend to put a lot of value on body parts that define us as men or women. You sound like you are very much in love with Paula and share her fear of a serious diagnosis. Let her know that no matter what, you will be there for her. I can't imagine that she isn't worried about losing a breast, even if her major concern is her life. My prayers will be with both of you. False positives are possible in ultrasounds, CT scans and MRIs. There is always hope and medicine has come a long way.

Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
Spiney95

My Mood:
Default Prayin' for ya!!!

Keep in mind that breasts can be lumpy/bumpy and it is only cysts. They often need to be dealt with but aren't a huge problem. My annual mamogram varies from year to year relative to my cyst collection. They go up and down but so far I haven't had to have any removed. My poor daughter had to have a cyst removed at only 20 when she was five months pregnant. That had to be done with just a local because of the pregnancy. It was growing rapidly so the doctor wanted it out.......now. Bottom line is that it was a non malignant cyst. Best wishes.
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
bretd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney95 View Post
Keep in mind that breasts can be lumpy/bumpy and it is only cysts. They often need to be dealt with but aren't a huge problem. My annual mamogram varies from year to year relative to my cyst collection. They go up and down but so far I haven't had to have any removed. My poor daughter had to have a cyst removed at only 20 when she was five months pregnant. That had to be done with just a local because of the pregnancy. It was growing rapidly so the doctor wanted it out.......now. Bottom line is that it was a non malignant cyst. Best wishes.
Thank you for the post, I will let you know whats up.
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
bretd

Default great news

All the test are fine, no cancer. Thank you for all your support. whoooo hoooooo.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-27-2012)
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
Leesa

My Mood:

HAPPY DAYS!!! That's wonderful Bretd! Thanks for letting us know! Thank God!! I guess the prayers worked! WHEW!
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
bretd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
HAPPY DAYS!!! That's wonderful Bretd! Thanks for letting us know! Thank God!! I guess the prayers worked! WHEW!
I believe praying works.... now prayers for my disability hearing fri to turn out in our favor. thank you Leesa.
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
mg neck prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretd View Post
Im happy for you Bret---your a good man!!! Keep me updated on your ssi hearing --u been in my thoughts!!
mg neck prob is online now   Reply With Quote