Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Mental Health Conditions > Depression

The hits just keep coming

Unread 11-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
SDFencer

My Mood:
Default The hits just keep coming

According to my Dr. visit this morning my whole back is arthritic and I have peripheral neuropathy. That’s part of why I hurt all the time.

The Doc this morning gave me a referral to the interventional radiologist who did the epidural in my neck to have another one lower in my back. I hope it works as good as the last one. He also I running tests to see if I have a B-12 deficiency or might be a closet diabetic.

My local neurosurgeon said we could probably only fix my right hand with a surgery up in my neck. They go in the front and move stuff around (esophagus etc.) to get to it. No thank you.
SDFencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Leesa

My Mood:

I hope you do have luck with the epidural injection. I've never had any luck with them, but since you got relief from the first one, you'll probably have good luck with this one. When are you going to have it done?

I also have osteoarthritis in my back, and it can be very painful! And I've got neuropathy too in my legs. Medication takes care of it though.

No, I don't think I'd want them going in the front of MY neck, and moving stuff around to get at the BACK of my neck to fix it. That just doesn't make alot of sense to me -- but i'm no doctor either. LOL

Let us know how the epidural goes, ok? God bless & take care. Hugs, lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
SDFencer

My Mood:

Occasionally it feels like they shot 10,000 volts into my lower spine. When that happens my quads get "heavy" and over I go. A lot of this stems from the damage done from my strokes and years of abusing my body in athletics.

First high school followed by playing division 1 basketball. Funny, my Mom didn't want me to play football because of the impact. No she said, play a nice safe noncontact sport like basketball. After all it's a foul if you get hit right?
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Leesa

My Mood:

Oh boy, I've seen "hits" in basketball that could knock out O'Neal! lol Yep, it's a nice 'safe' game, alright. That is, if you're sitting in the stands.

Keep me posting, will you? I'd really like to know how you come out. Good luck!
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Unread 11-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
SDFencer

My Mood:

Will do. I'm just waiting to find out results. I leave next Thursday for Milwaukee to fence in a qualifier for nationals in April.
Unread 11-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Leesa

My Mood:

Jeepers, you're going to FENCE with neuropathy, etc.??? You're braver than I am!!! Best of luck -- I hope you make it! I'll keep my fingers crossed -- will you let me know how you came out? I'd really like to know, okay?

Unread 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
SDFencer

My Mood:

I know. Mom liked the time I got samshed in the mouth by a 7 footers elbow as I was trying to sneak around him. Stiches all round. 4 seconds into the game.

Anyway, of course I'm going to fence. If I have some nerve pain what's the thump of a scoring touch? Oh right I'm supposed to stop them and score touches myself. So that's how you do it. I think the adrenaline rush makes it possible. As old coaches used to say," Rub some dirt on it and walk it off."
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
Leesa

My Mood:

Oh Lord, your Mom would have a cow if she knew you were playing! LOL Stitches all around huh? You're a glutton for punishment. LOL

Have at it my friend! En Garde'

Unread 12-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #9
SDFencer

My Mood:

I played the rest of the game with cotton in my mouth. As we finished the game the hockey team happened to be coming in and their dentist was with them. Why do I always end up on the wrong side of the needle?
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
Leesa

My Mood:

You're too funny!