Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Multiple Sclerosis > The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

Sunday Sunday.

Unread 12-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:
Default Sunday Sunday.

It always seemed to me, a day to have something planned, with the family or something. I feel guilty when I have nothing to do, but I like it.

Peeps go out to eat or to a movie or drop in on unsuspecting relatives and friends. My DD visits for a short spin on Sundays, to bring my groceries and grands for me to hug.

DH and I would go to a sports bar or the AM Legion for a snack and a beer, then home for a nap..lol.

Am I the only deadhead now on Sundays or do I have company? What are your plans for today?

OOPS I forgot to mention church!!!!

Pic taken by Son n Dil-Virg, Oct 4, 2014.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-02-2012), D0ct0rT (12-10-2012), Erika (12-02-2012), Jappy (12-03-2012), Kitty (12-02-2012)
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
Kitty
Super Moderator

Sally, unless my kids come over my Sunday's are usually quiet, too. Like you, I don't mind it. The only thing I dislike about Sunday is that there is usually nothing on TV!!

I do watch church (Charles Stanley at FBA) since I can no longer drive so that's my only constant on Sunday.

Today, DS and his fiance are coming over to pick up my large cat carrier. I'll get to go to the store while they're here to get more cat food and some groceries. We'll probably get subs or something easy for dinner (Publix makes the best subs!). Quiet day but that's how I like it.

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-02-2012), Erika (12-02-2012), Jappy (12-03-2012), SallyC (12-02-2012)
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Erika

My Mood:

My Sunday, as with every day, begins with meditation and other forms of spiritual practice .

Later in the mornings of every other Sunday I make house calls to patients who are shut-ins and require care. On the alternate Sundays when not doing that, I usually have a good friend over for brunch, defragging and/or a social chat.

The afternoons are spent giving Willy the dog a good brushing and a good walk if I am able, or if the body is not cooperating, he gets to go out to his trainer/sitter for a day of walks and doggie socialization.

Other than that, Sundays are quietly spent reading, catching up on courses or research that I have on the go, listening to books on CD, coming here and catching up on how everyone is doing and maybe cooking for the week ahead.

I love Sundays!
Hope that veryone is having a good one .

With love, Erika

Last edited by Erika; 12-02-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: type Os
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-02-2012), D0ct0rT (12-10-2012), Darlene (12-03-2012), Jappy (12-03-2012), SallyC (12-02-2012)
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
jprinz99

My Mood:

make a pot of joe, read Sunday paper and wear jammies until noon. Then my plan is "no plan", we take it as it comes and relish a day full of laziness :-)

I don't like it when this non-plan Sunday gets cluttered up by lots of demands or visitors. How odd is that?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Last edited by jprinz99; 12-03-2012 at 12:46 PM.
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (12-03-2012), Jappy (12-03-2012), Kitty (12-03-2012), SallyC (12-03-2012)
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Sparky10

My Mood:

Sadly, Sundays are just another day for me. Being on disability makes the days all run together.

Yesterday, however, there was a steady stream of pickup trucks full of deer hunters turning around in front of my house. Very entertaining for Rosie the dog but irritating for me and BF. I live at the end of a dead-end road and this weekend was the only 2 days of the 1st gun season here. The 2nd gun season is next month and lasts for 8 days. Rosie will get worn out from barking at every truck.

I try to make Sundays a little different by cooking a big breakfast, when BF gets up early enough. We did that a lot when we first moved here but not so much any more.

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not yet the end.
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-03-2012), Erika (12-03-2012), Jappy (12-03-2012), SallyC (12-03-2012)
Unread 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
D0ct0rT

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Sally, unless my kids come over my Sunday's are usually quiet, too. Like you, I don't mind it. The only thing I dislike about Sunday is that there is usually nothing on TV!!

I do watch church (Charles Stanley at FBA) since I can no longer drive so that's my only constant on Sunday.

Today, DS and his fiance are coming over to pick up my large cat carrier. I'll get to go to the store while they're here to get more cat food and some groceries. We'll probably get subs or something easy for dinner (Publix makes the best subs!). Quiet day but that's how I like it.
I went to a conference where Charles Stanley's son Adam, spoke. He is a POWERFUl speaker!
D0ct0rT is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-10-2012)
Unread 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
doydie
Elder

My Mood:

My Sundays have evolved through the years. When I was a child Sundas were kind of sacred. Dad was a preacher. He always had small churches so he, or us, pretty much had a lot of roles in the church. Whether it was making sure the heat was on early, bulletins made, playing the piano or cleaning up after everyone left, we did it. But when we got home Dad was the focus. No one better sit in his chair. Each Sunday a different child would have the honor of standing behind his chair and combing his hair to help him relax and rest. The others were all in the kitchen no matter what age. Of course Sunday lunch was always perfect with Mom at the helm.

When I first got married I was up early enough to get to Sunday school and church. I would go to evening services also. I wouldn't dare not go even though Mom and Dad weren't there to see that I was.

Then came MS. it became more and more easy for me to skip church. At first I chose between Sunday school or church services. i couldn't do both. Since I was in the choir it was a no brainer. Then I was to tired to go to church. Then I was skipping everything. I know I was always on Mom's prayer list over it and she shed a lot of tears over it. When she died I still hadn't and still don't go at all.

doydie is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-10-2012)