Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Multiple Sclerosis > The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

Sad Day For Me.

Unread 12-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #131
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemom View Post
I'm so glad you have each other! I just know you are a critter lover!

My DD keeps the litter box in the bathroom, and uses the flush able litter. When Kitten leaves something, it's not a far reach to scoop and then flush. Would that work for you?
BR too small, but good idea.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (12-04-2012)
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #132
Erika

My Mood:

Sally,

You might want to check out "How to toilet train your cat" on-line as a possibility. It does look like a fair amount of work at first, but the payoff might be worth it, if you can manage it.

With love, Erika

Last edited by Erika; 12-04-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Type O
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #133
Kitt
Magnate

My Mood:
Talking

My friends and I once babysat a cat who actually did the job while sitting on the toilet seat. We couldn't believe it but the cat did it. No mess whatsoever.

"It is what it is, it's not what it was, it's not what it could have been, it is what it is."

Charcot-Marie-Tooth Syndrome (CMT) The Curse.

AKA Hereditary Motor Sensory Neuropathy (HMSN).

"I was once like you and you will be like me."

Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (12-07-2012), SallyC (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #134
4-eyes

You could go BIG...like one of those giant Sterilite containers....so you wouldn't have to clean but every 3rd day or so, although that isn't ideal. You could also ask Santa for one of those fancy boxes like Littermaid or Litter Robot, and just have to take care of things once a week (or slip one of your grands a couple of bucks to do it on Sunday!).

Also, if you feed the very best quality, preferably grain free, wet food, the stool volume will be less, and kitty will be healthier. My cats eat a raw meat diet that I prepare and they just do a tiny "reefer" of a poo every day because their bodies don't have to digest a lot of grain or fillers. The odor is less, too.

I've tried a few times to toilet train my cat, and I really wouldn't recommend it unless you have a bathroom that can be totally dedicated to the cat. It is a tremendous amount of work and I was never even remotely successful (I tried 3 times with 3 different cats and I am stubborn.)
4-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-05-2012), SallyC (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #135
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

I'm feeding Cinderpaw the same as she was previously eating. Hope it's ok...Friskies wet diff flavors pate and a spoonfull of dry purina stired in (about 4oz in the morn and 4oz at night. A shot of Wiskas treats at night. She plays a lot thru the night..

Her poohs are small and her piddles large..lol! I hate to change her diet, unless you cat peeps think I should?

Hey My kids were hard enough to potty train. No thanks. The only change I may make is getting the litter that flushes?

Isn't this fun?

"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (12-07-2012), Kitty (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #136
aussiemom

Heheh DDs bathroom is barely big enough for the necessities. And 5 peeps in the house. She tried the potty thing too, Kitten never really caught on to it.
SallyC (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #137
Kitty
Super Moderator

If she's thriving on her current diet I wouldn't make any changes to it. At least not right now. Moving homes is a big enough change.

My cats go through stages of liking certain flavors and certain foods. Although, if I only fed them one kind all the time I' sure they'd eat it if they were hungry enough.

I use Tidy Cats litter and have found I like it the best. Almost no dust and it clumps better than any I've tried. Plus there's no harsh perfumes in it.

I just ordered the Litter Genie and I'm excited to see how it works for me.

You're doing great, Sally. Cinders sounds like a purr-fect fit for you!

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:18 PM   #138
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

Tidy cats is what I'm using..

I just looked up flushable cat litter and it's not recommended for 3 reasons.. 1. it's not all that flushable.. 2. it doesn't clump as well.. 3. cat feces flushed is poison to the Otter community.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #139
mrsD
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

When the Purina is gone, I'd try dry Iam's ProActive or Eukanuba.

Their formulas are better, and cats love the taste of both.

Some dry kibble helps to clean their teeth of tartar. You can leave a bit out in a small dish for her to nibble on at night. When cats play (it is a pretend predator thing, they get hungry after and run to the food dish). Mixing some into the wet is okay for mealtimes if that is what she is used to. Stale kibble however loses it scent, and they then refuse it. Hubby learned to stir up the wet food with a butter knife, and that renews the scent for them to eat. Cats only eat fresh stuff..if you search the net you will find this trait. They don't eat old food. And for some cats "old" means 15 minutes! LOL

A Merganser combined family with chicks 3/4 grown this year 2014 upNorth. This was a huge group and this photo is only 1/2 of that. They often combine families in late summer.
Please use the search function to find more information here in our forums. Your keyword must be at least 4 letters long. This is the handy link:

Here is a link to our guidelines that explains how to post links and information properly here due to copyright laws:

mrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-05-2012), SallyC (12-05-2012)
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #140
Kitty
Super Moderator

Iams Proactive dry is what I feed my outside kitties....and my inside kitties like it, too. What's great about it is I can order the 20# bag through Petco and it's delivered right to my door with free shipping!

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (12-05-2012)