Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome

Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

Lost soul, spirit, mojo, spark etc.

Unread 12-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #11
Mokey

yes to all of the posts on your very important topic. i can't put my finger on it....a bit flat, apathetic? Fatigue, or just feeling lonely being on a different planet than most of the people around you. I miss my old self, and even though others assure me I am still me, I know something fundamental has changed. Hope it comes back to make me whole again.

I am going through the motions a lot of the time, but am determined to enjoy each minute as much as possible. Since last Christmas was spent in a dark quiet bedroom closet, I am trying to be as present as possible for this one. My gift to my spouse and children.

Hang in there!

Last edited by Mokey; 12-05-2012 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Typo
Mokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
mollymum

My Mood:
Default Me too

Seem to be a lot of us experiencing a dip at the moment. I have been very low and disinterested in things and my impulsive streak keeps popping up to try and relieve the boredom and lethargy. Hang on in there xx

Life as I knew it came to a shuddering halt that day. 20 year history of depression and anxiety now coupled with memory issues, personality change, speech and communication problems, ringing ears, impulsivity etc etc etc.

Damaged people are dangerous.....they know they can survive!
mollymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
"Starr"

I missed this thread until sospan pointed it out on the other thread. Thanks!

I can so empathize with the "lost" feelings. I'm almost to 10 months since my fall and for a long time, I just kept pushing through everything and almost "faking it" that everything was ok. Not quite the right description, but kept on doing everything that was expected of me and just dealing with the consequences silently (mostly )

I've now reached the end of my rope and I'm worn out and can take no more. I no longer care enough to "fake it"... its like my fight/flight instinct has finally worn off or something. I don't know.

I'm sure everyone around me thinks its depression and maybe to some degree it is some sort of depression... though on days when I somehow find some energy, everything is just better and I care a tiny bit more and get a few more things done that day.

But for now, "my give a damn is busted" and that's just how it is.

I know something will eventually change and shift, that's just the way things are... until then, I'm struggling and holding on... waiting for that shift.

to everyone else that is holding on, waiting for their spark to reappear.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abel_in_Fl (12-05-2012), mollymum (12-06-2012), Theta Z (12-05-2012), wakey (12-05-2012)