Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Mental Health Conditions > Bipolar Disorder

Need help thinking through issues with my mdoc

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
Mari
Legendary
 
Mari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 13,761
My Mood:
Default

I called her.
My appointment is next week.
I am going to take it as a good sign that the phone call was not a hassle.

M
__________________
I felt in need of a great pilgrimage,
so I sat still for 3 days.

-- Hafez
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-06-2012), Brokenfriend (12-07-2012), butterfly11 (12-07-2012), Dmom3005 (12-06-2012), waves (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #32
Brokenfriend
Grand Magnate
 
Brokenfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,371
My Mood:
Default

Every little bit helps. I'm glad that the phone call went through. BF
Brokenfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
butterfly11 (12-07-2012), Dmom3005 (12-07-2012), Mari (12-07-2012), waves (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #33
Mari
Legendary
 
Mari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 13,761
My Mood:
Default

Thanks, Steve,

I glanced at my calendar and saw that my tdoc is supposed to call Friday for a phone appt. I can barely keep track of my self.


M
__________________
I felt in need of a great pilgrimage,
so I sat still for 3 days.

-- Hafez
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2012), Brokenfriend (12-08-2012), butterfly11 (12-07-2012), Dmom3005 (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 04:06 AM   #34
Brokenfriend
Grand Magnate
 
Brokenfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,371
My Mood:
Default

I think that you are suffering Anguish,acute distress,pain,grief,and agonizing mental pain about this situation at work. I'm so sorry.

To be truthful,I've been like this,and have quit my job,and been asked to come back on my answering machine. Sometimes the bosses want to much. I've also walked out of the building,and walked around the block.

I came to a point where I became upset being pulled in all directions over the years,fussed at in front of everyone,and carrying a heavy load of work the whole day,and into the night. My paycheck was only going up 35,to 50 cents an hour per year. Usually it was January when they gave raises. We where all underpaid,and we all knew it.Then they stopped giving me raises at the 13 year of my employment there.

The bosses husband was a hothead when he came over,blowing up,and assuming things in the back room. I had someone in management telling me lies,and he would not tell me later,so I couldn't believe anything that he said ever. I was running around doing everything that I could think of to do.

Then one day I found a note on my door that said my apartment needed to be renovated. So I moved to the other side of the apartment complex. Then two people knocked on the door soon after I moved to the other side of the apartment buildings. They said that the apartment complex had been purchased,and all of us tenants had to move out.

At the same time they where tearing down all of the affordable places to live in the area. I was so upset. I reached out for help. Finally my sister said I could move to where they where in another city.

I got a job in that city,and they gave me bad treatment off the bat. After 10 months,I became outraged. I was all ready upset. I was going from being upset,to becoming upset all of the time. I was loosing sleep,and my mind was in turmoil.

I'd better stop here.

I understand. BF
Brokenfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2012), butterfly11 (12-07-2012), Dmom3005 (12-07-2012), Mari (12-07-2012), waves (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #35
Dmom3005
Wise Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 8,135
My Mood:
Default

Steve

You had some rough things going on. You found some great solutions, in
the answer of your sister's help in a new home. I believe which became
much more permanent.

The job situation wasn't one that was good for you. Which is to bad.
But you handled things the best you could.
I'm really impressed with the things you did to handle the situation.

Donna
Dmom3005 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2012), Brokenfriend (12-07-2012), butterfly11 (12-07-2012), Mari (12-07-2012), waves (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #36
butterfly11
Member
 
butterfly11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in front of my computer
Posts: 497
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Thanks, Steve,

I glanced at my calendar and saw that my tdoc is supposed to call Friday for a phone appt. I can barely keep track of my self.


M
I wish we could all have personal assistants. I try to make lists but I misplace the list or forget to bring it with me. Keeping a calendar on the fridge has helped when I can remember to write stuff on there.
butterfly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2012), Brokenfriend (12-08-2012), Dmom3005 (12-07-2012), waves (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #37
butterfly11
Member
 
butterfly11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in front of my computer
Posts: 497
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenfriend View Post
I think that you are suffering Anguish,acute distress,pain,grief,and agonizing mental pain about this situation at work. I'm so sorry.

To be truthful,I've been like this,and have quit my job,and been asked to come back on my answering machine. Sometimes the bosses want to much. I've also walked out of the building,and walked around the block.

I came to a point where I became upset being pulled in all directions over the years,fussed at in front of everyone,and carrying a heavy load of work the whole day,and into the night. My paycheck was only going up 35,to 50 cents an hour per year. Usually it was January when they gave raises. We where all underpaid,and we all knew it.Then they stopped giving me raises at the 13 year of my employment there.

The bosses husband was a hothead when he came over,blowing up,and assuming things in the back room. I had someone in management telling me lies,and he would not tell me later,so I couldn't believe anything that he said ever. I was running around doing everything that I could think of to do.

Then one day I found a note on my door that said my apartment needed to be renovated. So I moved to the other side of the apartment complex. Then two people knocked on the door soon after I moved to the other side of the apartment buildings. They said that the apartment complex had been purchased,and all of us tenants had to move out.

At the same time they where tearing down all of the affordable places to live in the area. I was so upset. I reached out for help. Finally my sister said I could move to where they where in another city.

I got a job in that city,and they gave me bad treatment off the bat. After 10 months,I became outraged. I was all ready upset. I was going from being upset,to becoming upset all of the time. I was loosing sleep,and my mind was in turmoil.

I'd better stop here.

I understand. BF
I'm so sorry for what you had to go through at your jobs and at your apartment. I wish this world were different.

You are a strong person to have come through all of that.
butterfly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2012), Brokenfriend (12-08-2012), Dmom3005 (12-07-2012), Mari (12-07-2012), waves (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #38
waves
Wise Elder
 
waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,504
My Mood:
Thumbs up Glad to hear this Mari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I called her.
My appointment is next week.
I am going to take it as a good sign that the phone call was not a hassle.

M
Good going Mari. I am glad the phone call went smoothly. It does set a good tone for the appointment.

Keep us posted. And let us know how your tdoc appointment went, if you wish.



~ waves ~
__________________





.
waves is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2012), Brokenfriend (12-08-2012), Dmom3005 (12-07-2012), Mari (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #39
Mari
Legendary
 
Mari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 13,761
My Mood:
Default confused the tdoc appointment

Tdoc called worried about me. She wondered why I had not come to her office for her appointment.
I told her I wondered why she was calling late for our phone call!!

Darn!
She said that next time we make an appointment we will mark whether it is in the office or on the phone.

I remembered when I was talking to her that we made the appointment for an in-office visit. But as my life got stressful and chaotic I made the head switch --- that the appointment was by phone.

Actually, I am impressed with myself for remembering to check my calendar.

It is too hard to do
e - v - e - r - y
t - h - i - n - g.


I have sooooooooooooo many things to do and sooooooooooooo many things to track.

I am barely managing.

M
__________________
I felt in need of a great pilgrimage,
so I sat still for 3 days.

-- Hafez
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-07-2012), Brokenfriend (12-08-2012), butterfly11 (12-08-2012), Dmom3005 (12-07-2012), waves (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #40
bizi
Legendary
 
bizi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: cajun country, lafayette Louisiana
Posts: 13,836
My Mood:
Heart

I am sorry it is so hard right now for you.
I wish things would settle down.
I am sending some sleep thoughts this weekend for you in hopes that you get some much needed rest.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi
__________________

.

This is harriet, my sweet baby girl.....
heavy sigh.....
.



one day at a time....
bizi is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (12-08-2012), butterfly11 (12-08-2012), Dmom3005 (12-08-2012), Mari (12-08-2012), waves (12-08-2012)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Index Finger Numbness issues + tennis elbow + neck & shoulder issues Goldie-2011 General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders 4 02-09-2013 11:57 AM
RSD / CRPS II Auditory Issues / Sensory Issues Vrae Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) 5 09-13-2012 03:21 AM
Bad day at the mdoc's. I lost it and cried. Mari Bipolar Disorder 10 11-21-2007 11:34 AM
Thinking Blogger Award and Our Top Five Thinking Blogs DocJohn Health News Headlines 0 09-21-2007 04:50 PM
Study Explores "Manic" Thinking: How Fast Thinking Makes Us Happy, Energized And Self-confident DocJohn Health News Headlines 0 09-28-2006 07:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy
NeuroTalk Archives