Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

New issues after rib resection

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #21
antikamars
Junior Member
 
antikamars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 36
Default

I take mine at night. I couldn't take it during the day myself. Was pretty easy to get used to....first day was a little dizzy but they started me on the lowest dose. Feeling pretty good. Beginning to notice that when I physically do things is when I get my arm and hand swelling. Had a wonderful day yesterday. Woke up and did the dishes and went to work....ended up coming home because the swelling...sitting with heat on it as I type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful for Hope View Post
Thank you for the info on Lyrica. My doctor had said the Lyrica would most likely cause tiredness and possibly dizziness the first couple of weeks until the body adjusts. I have a prescription and may fill it. Thank you again I hope you are feeling better very soon!
antikamars is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thankful for Hope (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
Thankful for Hope
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikamars View Post
I take mine at night. I couldn't take it during the day myself. Was pretty easy to get used to....first day was a little dizzy but they started me on the lowest dose. Feeling pretty good. Beginning to notice that when I physically do things is when I get my arm and hand swelling. Had a wonderful day yesterday. Woke up and did the dishes and went to work....ended up coming home because the swelling...sitting with heat on it as I type.
Oh no, bless your heart! I'm so sorry I hope this will be a matter of time and you will have many more days like yesterday. One of the hardest things to do is wait for the healing. I think a lot of us TOSser's push and push ourselves, and mentally we have to slow ourselves down and try to breathe and relax through this all. Gentle hugs, Amber. You are in my thoughts. Thank you for your support and posts
Thankful for Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #23
antikamars
Junior Member
 
antikamars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 36
Default

I forgot to thank you for the you tube video....My husband has done it twice and it helps to reduce the pain and numbness for several hours. I agree. We push too much at the expense of ourselves. I try to slow done the start to feel better and re inflame myself...its a very vicious cycle! Thank you for all your kind words and advice. You posts have made me smile and think on my situation for the better. Hope all is well for you and hope that if you try the lyrica that it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful for Hope View Post
Oh no, bless your heart! I'm so sorry I hope this will be a matter of time and you will have many more days like yesterday. One of the hardest things to do is wait for the healing. I think a lot of us TOSser's push and push ourselves, and mentally we have to slow ourselves down and try to breathe and relax through this all. Gentle hugs, Amber. You are in my thoughts. Thank you for your support and posts
antikamars is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thankful for Hope (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #24
Thankful for Hope
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikamars View Post
I forgot to thank you for the you tube video....My husband has done it twice and it helps to reduce the pain and numbness for several hours. I agree. We push too much at the expense of ourselves. I try to slow done the start to feel better and re inflame myself...its a very vicious cycle! Thank you for all your kind words and advice. You posts have made me smile and think on my situation for the better. Hope all is well for you and hope that if you try the lyrica that it helps.
So happy to hear you are getting some relief in that maneuver. Yay ) And thank you for all your posts and kind words as well. It is good for our recovery and good for our soul to be in touch with others and try all we can to feel better! Gentle hugs to you, too
Thankful for Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antikamars (12-07-2012)
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #25
antikamars
Junior Member
 
antikamars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 36
Default

So went to a massage therapist for the first time ever today and found out that all of my pain I am having is coming from the subscapularis...may have an additional rotator cuff injury or it may be something surgery related....glad I'm heading in the right direction...it helped but after about 2 hours after the massage the pain and numbness came right back. looked at a picture of it and it describes my pain areas to a T.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful for Hope View Post
So happy to hear you are getting some relief in that maneuver. Yay ) And thank you for all your posts and kind words as well. It is good for our recovery and good for our soul to be in touch with others and try all we can to feel better! Gentle hugs to you, too
antikamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #26
antikamars
Junior Member
 
antikamars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 36
Default

http://www.myofascialtherapy.org/sym...capularis.html

http://www.shoulderspecialist.org/pd...%20surgery.pdf

Last edited by antikamars; 12-10-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: add additional link
antikamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #27
Thankful for Hope
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 30
Default

I am hurting in these exact same areas, too. I was told this is normal, and it's referred pain from the surgery and that PT and massage should help as the scapula becomes more stabilized, swelling begins to go down, and the nerves have more time to heal. The massage/trigger point therapy massage does help tremendously for the cramping sensation you feel from this type of pain. I call it a dull achy feeling that refers pain in the areas pictured. Hopefully the massage therapist can help you with this. Hope you have a good pain-free day
Thankful for Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #28
antikamars
Junior Member
 
antikamars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 36
Default

Going to go to my doctor on Friday and discuss these issues with him. Thank you for your input. The pain has not subsided for over a week now so I am going to see if they can do some Xrays of the area to make sure there isn't any nerve damage..hoping it is just recovery from the surgery. I wouldn't call it a dull ache feeling it is constant shooting pain that doesn't even go away with steroids or anti-inflammatorys.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful for Hope View Post
I am hurting in these exact same areas, too. I was told this is normal, and it's referred pain from the surgery and that PT and massage should help as the scapula becomes more stabilized, swelling begins to go down, and the nerves have more time to heal. The massage/trigger point therapy massage does help tremendously for the cramping sensation you feel from this type of pain. I call it a dull achy feeling that refers pain in the areas pictured. Hopefully the massage therapist can help you with this. Hope you have a good pain-free day
antikamars is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thankful for Hope (12-12-2012)
Unread 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #29
Thankful for Hope
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikamars View Post
Going to go to my doctor on Friday and discuss these issues with him. Thank you for your input. The pain has not subsided for over a week now so I am going to see if they can do some Xrays of the area to make sure there isn't any nerve damage..hoping it is just recovery from the surgery. I wouldn't call it a dull ache feeling it is constant shooting pain that doesn't even go away with steroids or anti-inflammatorys.
Good luck on Friday. I hope it isn't anything serious. Having gone through so much, hopefully it's something easily remedied. Please keep us updated. Gentle hugs to you.
Thankful for Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Index Finger Numbness issues + tennis elbow + neck & shoulder issues Goldie-2011 General Health Conditions & Rare Disorders 4 02-09-2013 11:57 AM
Blurto Needs a Rib Resection Blurto Thoracic Outlet Syndrome 40 06-04-2012 10:10 PM
Lympholcele after first rib resection??? fizzol12 Thoracic Outlet Syndrome 1 05-13-2012 06:18 PM
Rib Resection Poolzy New Member Introductions 3 11-13-2011 12:25 AM
New here considering rib resection TOS rbn4jsus Thoracic Outlet Syndrome 4 03-03-2009 09:57 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy
NeuroTalk Archives