Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions A - L > Arnold Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia

Is it all in my head?

Unread 12-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
hlwampler

My Mood:

I've been on Diamox for 2 weeks now. I'm up to 1,000 mg / day and it doesn't even dent the headaches and everything. It just adds the side effects.

So where do you go to talk when your NS doesn't know what's wrong with you? Who do you see if nobody can give you answers?
hlwampler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 03:40 AM   #12
ACC_gal

My Mood:
Exclamation chiari malformation from a TBI?

I don't know if this is possible or something that just goes with my other neurologic woes but I had a severe concussion oct 2010 which had started things like seizures, central sleep apnea, Fuzzy vision, horrible headaches which are helped by drinking MT dew ( weird I know), shortness of breath,neck pains and a whole host of other symptoms. to make a long story short I had an MRI last april where they diagnosied a chiari type 1 which I don't recall being in previous scans. I do have ACC and septo optic dysplasia but that was the first i ever heard a chiari mentioned. They told me the severe whiplash has caused it. I really don't want surgery but I am bedridden from this!
ACC_gal is offline   Reply With Quote