Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Multiple Sclerosis > The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

Christmas Plans

Unread 12-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
Kitty
Super Moderator

Aw, Wiz, they're so pretty! Rocky looks just like my feral kitty Taffy. I wish I could let him inside.

I remember when you got Daisy. It's so sweet how close those two have become. Thanks for sharing your picture. Christmas is a little sweeter with kitties to share it with.

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-18-2012), ewizabeth (12-19-2012), SallyC (12-18-2012)
Unread 12-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #32
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

So Sweet, Wiz, thanks for sharing. I have a new kittycat to share Christmas with too, this year.

Pic taken by Son n Dil-Virg, Oct 4, 2014.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-18-2012), ewizabeth (12-19-2012), Kitty (12-18-2012)
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #33
ANNagain

My Mood:

We need a new picture of Cinderpaws, Sal. Or did you change her name to "No No."

ANN
ANNagain is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (12-19-2012), Kitty (12-18-2012), SallyC (12-18-2012)
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
mrsD
Super Moderator

Wink

OOOOKKKKKaaaaay....

The cats look very festive, Wiz, posing for you there. But if you hadn't mentioned, Daisy, I would have missed her! LOL

Rocky reminds me of our long ago kitty Rufus (Roofie).
He had a poofy tail like your Rocky.

Our cats are tearing up our house! Little Maya, who up till now has not done the typical naughty things...jumped up in hubby's lap a few days ago and immediately bit thru his new Bose headphones cord. He said it happened so fast he didn't know she had done it! I had just purchased those at Costco at a very nice price for his Bday... (I guess they are discontinuing them)... and now we had to order a new Bose cord to replace it.
Almost cost as much as the headphones themselves!

I just clean up and shredded paper and cardboard and it returns like ghosts!. We don't have indoor decorations, because of this, and only the outside ones like in my siggie because of this mayhem.

I think, Wiz you should make Xmas cards out of that photo ...they would be great for that!

And I too would like to see more of Cinderpaws.

Mama gray squirrel hanging upside down on our flat feeder 2014. She is very beautiful IMO and has a lovely tail. There were a few peanuts in this feeder that morning.
Please use the search function to find more information here in our forums. Your keyword must be at least 4 letters long. This is the handy link:

Here is a link to our guidelines that explains how to post links and information properly here due to copyright laws:

Last edited by mrsD; 12-18-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: fixing grammar
mrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-23-2012), ewizabeth (12-19-2012), Judy2 (12-19-2012), Kitty (12-18-2012), SallyC (12-18-2012)
Unread 12-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #35
ewizabeth
Elder

My Mood:

Rocky also chews cords. He has chewed through two computer monitor cables and a kindle fire cable just for starters, not to mention the vacuum cord and countless others. They make something called bitter apple spray that you can spray on your expensive cords. I keep large bottles around the house now with our little chewer. You can get it at Petsmart.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09

Video presentation of Rocky & Daisy
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-23-2012), Kitty (12-19-2012), mrsD (12-19-2012)
Unread 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #36
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

Sheesh, now you guys tell me, about this wire chewing.. She better not or back she goes to her old home.

She's getting more at home and friskier. I hope she settles back down. It's your fault, you told me that a cat is no trouble and now???????

Pic taken by Son n Dil-Virg, Oct 4, 2014.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-23-2012), Kitty (12-19-2012)
Unread 12-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #37
ewizabeth
Elder

My Mood:

Rocky is an exception. He came from an abusive background and I think he was starved as a kitten and developed severe chewing and nervous problems. He also eats adhesive tape and bandaids when he's nervous. Daisy doesn't do these things but she had a better childhood. Don't fret little Sally!!

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09

Video presentation of Rocky & Daisy
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-23-2012), Kitty (12-19-2012), SallyC (12-19-2012)
Unread 12-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #38
mrsD
Super Moderator

Oh my, Thanks for the bitter apple idea. She has shown NO interest in electrical cords. But she did bite thru the nylon cord of a new toy--that is a stick with cord and toy on the end. The earphone cord is very thin.

We have some boxes out now from boots, and Amazon deliveries and she is chewing on those now. We've never had a cord chewer before. Weezie is interested in cords, but she doesn't chew them. Hence she plays with twist-ems instead and fetches them for me. When she was a kitten it was NO NO all the time so she never progressed to electrical cords.

I guess we'll always have to have cardboard out now. I thought the chewing would be over after teething. This is new to us.

I'll remember the bitter apple spray.

Mama gray squirrel hanging upside down on our flat feeder 2014. She is very beautiful IMO and has a lovely tail. There were a few peanuts in this feeder that morning.
Please use the search function to find more information here in our forums. Your keyword must be at least 4 letters long. This is the handy link:

Here is a link to our guidelines that explains how to post links and information properly here due to copyright laws:

"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-23-2012), ewizabeth (12-19-2012), Kitty (12-19-2012), SallyC (12-19-2012)
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
nemsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Oh my, Thanks for the bitter apple idea. She has shown NO interest in electrical cords. But she did bite thru the nylon cord of a new toy--that is a stick with cord and toy on the end. The earphone cord is very thin.

We have some boxes out now from boots, and Amazon deliveries and she is chewing on those now. We've never had a cord chewer before. Weezie is interested in cords, but she doesn't chew them. Hence she plays with twist-ems instead and fetches them for me. When she was a kitten it was NO NO all the time so she never progressed to electrical cords.

I guess we'll always have to have cardboard out now. I thought the chewing would be over after teething. This is new to us.

I'll remember the bitter apple spray.
You just reminded me of my neighbor's dog! He chews all kinds of cords, and will eat anything. His favorite is paper.

But he is the twelve year old girl's dog. If he goes to eat anything he shouldn't and she sees all she has to say is, "eeeewwww" and he spits it out before you can blink. It hilarious to see. She can even get him to spit out actual food by saying that! It's great to get him to not eat things he shouldn't. But he only does it for her, and she's not home all of the time because of school.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (12-23-2012), ewizabeth (12-19-2012), Kitty (12-19-2012), SallyC (12-19-2012)
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
mrsD
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Oh, that's funny....

Sometimes I can say BLECH BLECH and stick my tongue out
and whatever is being "sampled" or tried, will stop. Not always.
That worked well on Weezie.

But Maya, was so good as a kitten, no scratching, no major naughty breakage, etc. All I say is uh, uhn...and she'd stop.
She didn't even scratch US even by accident.
Weezie tried to climb the French windows all the time. She does
stuff just to irk me, and get my attention. She will also scratch the windows... (usually when she wants to go out).

We've never had a cord chewer though. I was thinking she wanted hubby's attention in his lap, and bit the cord to spite him. She may have not liked the headphones. For a long time she didn't like my visor hat either. But now she knows when I put it on I am going out. She is ultra smart compared to any other cat we've had.
She knows the names of all her toys...sounds in kitchen, tiny details that the other cats never seemed to do. She is now stealing socks out of the clothes basket. She still loves clothes, LOL. That is what we got.... adopting from another part of the state, with a unique gene-pool! LOL

"Thanks for this!" says: