Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Peripheral Neuropathy

Oh man, Christmas was bad for my feet :(

Unread 12-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
DawnD

Stacy,

I have never counted the full day of carbs but I try and keep it under 20g per meal, Most of those are healthy carbs. Eating Healthy is very expensive and its more work being tired most of the time and not wanting to cook when I came home from work makes it harder but I am pushing on. I will keep track over the weekend and see how many carbs I eat in a day.
DawnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
Stacy2012

My Mood:

I dont count specifically anymore but basically can guess since I have done it long enough that I can pretty much guess my numbers. If I am gonna eat any carbs I have generally already eaten it a million times before and no the count.

So I don't get hung up on it, just eat the same ones over and over again, lol.
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #13
Steven N

Default crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnD View Post
Stacy,

I have the joint pain when I have my cycle. The Gas comes and goes I was very good yesterday thanks to the host of the party.. I look at carbs different now..I am still having trouble finding a quick snack as I love crackers but they dont love my feet.
Dawn, there is a brand of crackers you might try. "Mary's Gone Crackers" brand is sol in many health food stores, as well as some supermarkets. They are tasty and gluten-free; that may satisfy your cravings without triggering the negatives. Anyway, it may be worth a try.
Good luck,
Steven
Steven N is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stacy2012 (12-28-2012)
Unread 12-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
Joano

I like those crackers too, and they're especially good with a little hommus added on top!
Joano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
DawnD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N View Post
Dawn, there is a brand of crackers you might try. "Mary's Gone Crackers" brand is sol in many health food stores, as well as some supermarkets. They are tasty and gluten-free; that may satisfy your cravings without triggering the negatives. Anyway, it may be worth a try.
Good luck,
Steven
Thanks for the info Steve
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
DawnD

Stacy,

Today I had about 55-60 carbs today I feel thats about most days...maybe too much in one day?
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #17
Stacy2012

My Mood:

Well it's really about how you feel. If you do not have diabetes and your blood sugar is within normal ranges, then it's about how you feel. I can't remember if you said you checked your blood sugar numbers.

For me, that is too high. I keep mine around 30 for the whole day, give or take a few.

I think Sally keeps hers lower than that also, and she does not have diabetes, she does it because she feels better.

Some people notice they feel better when doing a low carb diet and their nueropathy feels better also.

I feel better all they way around. My pn is better, my joints dont ache, my pms, my over all physical and mental well being is better when I keep my carbs around 30 a day.
Unread 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
Sallysblooms

My Mood:

I don't count carbs too closely anymore, but I keep them low. I do check my blood sugar so I know what not to eat, like rice. I have very good healthy levels, no diabetes problems at all. I keep the levels for blood sugar at 75 to 95 or so for nerve health and healing. I don't check all the time but when I do they are good. I am sure they go higher at times. But not very high. I check at one hour, the higher level, before it begins to go down. Nerves need a steady glucose number, not high or low.

Sallysblooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #19
DawnD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
Well it's really about how you feel. If you do not have diabetes and your blood sugar is within normal ranges, then it's about how you feel. I can't remember if you said you checked your blood sugar numbers.

For me, that is too high. I keep mine around 30 for the whole day, give or take a few.

I think Sally keeps hers lower than that also, and she does not have diabetes, she does it because she feels better.

Some people notice they feel better when doing a low carb diet and their nueropathy feels better also.

I feel better all they way around. My pn is better, my joints dont ache, my pms, my over all physical and mental well being is better when I keep my carbs around 30 a day.
Stacy,

I do have type 2 Diabetes. I have it under control at this point. I am going to try and lower my carbs per day and see how that works. I have blood work to get done next week.
Unread 12-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #20
Stacy2012

My Mood:

Oh yes Dawn, try to lower your carbs I bet you will feel better. I know it is hard at first but the more you do it the easier it gets.

I cook in bulk, especially grilled chicked and other meat so I always have some on hand for meals and snacks. I will grill 25 pieces of chicked at one time. There is soooo much you can do with chicken.

Also, look for low carb fagita's , you can make mini pizza, chicken and garlic spinach alfredo pizza, Quisadilla's and so much more.

Also look for low carb pasta.

I really only do carbs for 1 meal a day and very few if any for other meals.

If you need any help shout out, I know sally has it under control even better than me and it sounds like she really does way better cooking than me, lol