Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Parkinson's Disease

Parkinson's Disease Tulip

MJ Fox mentions chat room

Unread 01-02-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
Bob Dawson

Default MJ Fox mentions chat room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TEIuKGaobrA

MJF mentions chat rooms. He means this one.
I was waiting for PaulaW to tell the story
Anybody else was here then?
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-02-2013)
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #2
vlhperry
Member aka Dianna Wood

Default Michael J. Fox Clip

I watched the clip you referred to. I agree with all he said. How could you not believe?

A second way an individual could make a difference is to do as Ms. Olsen posted for. Patient Safety advocates, which she posted about earlier, discussed the power one patient can make. I have attended a teaching seminar put on for health care workers, nurses and paid caretakers, and emphasized the importance of Parkinson's patients receiving their drugs on their schedule; not the convenience of the Hospital Pharmacy. I explained the comparison of a diebetic needing to keep their glucose levels even and the same way Parkinson's patients need to keep their own levadopa levels even. I gave personal stories of how mine have been messed up during hospital stays.

I would like to think my point was taken in rather than the company points about their facts about their medication they marketed. The company was selling requip. I learned somd valuable lessons from them. I learned that it was safe to be taken off Mirapex while starting on Requip. I asked one of the Reps to call and explain it to my doctor and have been off Mirapex after 9 years of use to not using it for over 2 years.

As a group, as Mr. Fox stated in his clip has power to make changes, but don't underestimate the individual as having the resources to make a small change too. Maybe there is more than one way to make a difference for the better?

Dianna
vlhperry is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-02-2013), olsen (01-04-2013)
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Bob Dawson

[quote=Dianna_Wood;... don't underestimate the individual as having the resources to make a small change too. Maybe there is more than one way to make a difference for the better?
Dianna[/QUOTE]

Oh Dianna, truer words were never spoken. In this, as in everything we care deeply about, each individual has much to contribute, in their own way, by their own interpretation of what they see, based on their life experience. Let a million voices speak, sometimes as pure free spirited individuals; sometimes in harmony with others; sometimes a million voices roaring like lions.

There are existing paths we can follow; let's also be creative about bush-whacking through the forest to create new pathways, like the honey bees that fly in new directions. No idea who will find a cure; but taking runs at it and living well is a lot easier than just waiting around to die.
More fun too. Parkinsons is never boring.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-02-2013), olsen (01-04-2013)