Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > General > Pets & Wildlife

Pets & Wildlife For discussion of the pets in our lives, and the wildlife we come across.

It's hard to let your pets go...

Unread 01-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
ginnie
Elder

My Mood:
Default heaven for pets

I teared up as I miss my pet so much. A cat, I had 21 years, longer than my own children.
I do believe we see our pets again. They are "souled" animals. Right now they are waiting for us, just like you said, and there will be a happy reunion.
ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
peeper

i also lost my best freand last year we had her from 4 to 5 week old bottle fed her and everything she died of old age at 15 she is dearly mised by all the famaly . we had to make the decision to have her put to sleep as she started suffering even tho we knew it was the right thing to do dont make it any easyer ..but i kow shes in a better place now . just thought i would share
peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #13
ginnie
Elder

My Mood:
Default Hi peeper

I have great empathy for you missing your pet too. A friend of mine made a collage of "scruffy's" outings. One picture for each of his 21 years. Now when I look at it, the personality is evident. It is over my dresser. It has a few wiskers, tags, parts of his harness in there too. Maybe your whole family could do this in rememberence of your pet too. Great project to do. Smiles come more often than tears after a few years. hugs to all of you. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #14
mrsD
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I have my favorite of photos of my late kitties, on my screensaver, on the computer. I made a file and used the Windows screensaver program. All their funny antics, and beautiful portraits. I couldn't look at them for the first months, but now I can. They remind me of the very good times we all had.

Pain tends to envelop one and I at least can lose some perspective when it does. The photos bring me back from that.
Nothing is permanent in life, everything moves along to an end.
So living in the moment is very important IMO.

Fall leaves in our backyard fountain 2014.
Please use the search function to find more information here in our forums. Your keyword must be at least 4 letters long. This is the handy link:

Here is a link to our guidelines that explains how to post links and information properly here due to copyright laws:

mrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-22-2013)
Unread 01-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
bgt1121

My Mood:
Default Animals in heaven

This is so funny we had a conversation in my sunday school class about animals and heaven. We even had a talk with our pastor and this is what i had to say : I believe our pets are able to be more like jesus than any of us will ever be simply because ,jesus loved unconditionaly and our pet do also but how many people are able to do that everyday, none that i know of and even as christians we have to ask for help each and every day with this (to love our fellow man without judgment). So i have to say i believe our pets will join us in heaven and those who have gone on will be waiting for us. I know i would be lost without my girls sunny and lizzy, there is no way to remain down with 2 shih tzu in the house ,lol
so to all who have lost a beloved friend my heart goes out to you and i will pray you find some peace and know they are in good hands until you are together again
hugs to all
gail

bgt1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-23-2013), mrsD (01-23-2013)