Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health & Related Topics > Medications & Treatments > SCS & Pain Pumps

SCS & Pain Pumps For spinal cord stimulator (SCS) and pain pump discussions.

Insurance foot dragging and the blues

Unread 01-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
tkayewade

My Mood:
Thumbs Up Insurance foot dragging and the blues

As y'all know, we started my cervical trial paperwork 12/18. Mind you none of the procedures had to be done since my thoracic was done in July. Anyway, last week I called to see what was up. Well, THREE weeks ago, they got the paperwork and it was illegible and they never told my dr. Office. So it was marked urgent and I was supposed to be told by Thursday afternoon because I have to stop Coumadin for five days prior to the procedure. We were going to schedule it Friday. Needless to say, no phone call, no trial scheduled, and I have lost another week due to the 5 day rule with Coumadin. The pain is to the point I can barely use my fingers. It's just terrible. So I get depressed, down, and just do nothing. Last month I sent 127 texts, 120 to my spouse. I just feel isolated and don't feel like interacting. I hate my job. They've been awful since I've come back. My husband says I'm getting to a dark place, but I don't see it. I just think RSD is an isolating illness, especially during flares. Anyway, that's my update. Not happy. I know I should be, but the back spread and hand deterioration are weighing me down.

TK
tkayewade is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-27-2013), Hannabananna (01-27-2013), Mark56 (01-27-2013), Rrae (01-30-2013)
Unread 01-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #2
Mark56
Grand Magnate

Heart So Sad TK

I am beyond understanding regarding the wait, the incompetence, the lack of care given for the need to process things straight up when they are supplied. I pray your papers are moved along swiftly now to conclusion so you may advance to the Trial. You need to know.

Any chronic pain matter with RSD high on the list has potential for isolation of the sufferer, both because we feel less capable of joining in and because others who do not readily understand we look fine, why do we not feel fine??? There were times I wanted to explode as people would ask me "how's your back?" Like as if they had not listened to the response the previous time when they were told back was doing better, pain was over the top elsewhere......

Sorry your work colleagues are treating you less than accomodatingly as you strive to fulfill work expectations in the midst of this pain. It has to be so hard when trusted ones do not respond well. Angering even.

I pray for you TK in this situation and hope all will ultimately be well,
Lord hear our prayer,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-27-2013), Rrae (01-31-2013), Spiney95 (01-27-2013)
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
Spiney95

My Mood:
Default so sorry

So sorry. If the ins company say they can't read the paper work, they feel they do not have to deal with it. If they don't have to deal with it, they don't have to precert the surgery, procedure etc and therefore don't have to pay for it. Most of us have played the " wear the patient out game". My most frequent opponents are medicaid and my medicare part d.

The excrutiating, chronic pain tends to cause us to withdraw from those around us. After a while, their inquiries about how we are doing aren't really genuine. They reach a point where they don't want to hear or see it. To a certain extent, I can understand because our conditions can be scarey and intimidating. If you want to maintain relationships, you often fake it. That isn't fair. When I reach that point, I withdraw. I prefer to honestly withdraw than pretend my pain issues have me at the breaking point.

I pray that you are on the home stretch relative to getting the show on the road. I care.

Spine
Spiney95 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-27-2013), Mark56 (01-27-2013), Rrae (01-30-2013)
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Rrae
Grand Magnate

My Mood:
Heart

This rings SO true....sadly .

The isolation, the genuine friendships turned shallow, the looks from others.
I swear there are those few whom I still have to be in contact with, the look I get from them when I have to 'say' what it is I have.....they may as well just roll their eyes at me. That's the feeling I get. It's infuriating to me that a 'genuine' friend of 30-some years has become 'THAT look'.
It scrapes the wound wide open all over again - every time this happens. Then the terrible lonely isolated feeling comes over me like a blanket.

TK, I'm so sorry. I'll NEVER know why we ended up in this situation.
It's the 'knowing' that people here understand completely - this is the only comfort. And my wonderful husband and my parents - I thank God for these.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-01-2013)
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
tkayewade

My Mood:

Thanks y'all!

I'm still waiting. :-/ no word. I've done everything. It's been seven weeks yesterday. Longer than the first one with all the evals and rep contacts and etc. ridiculous.

Gotten about 5 hrs of sleep this week

Official depression set in I believe. :-(

Pain is increased. Can't even lift my right arm. Still trying to work such fun!
tkayewade is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-01-2013), Rrae (01-31-2013)
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #6
Rrae
Grand Magnate

My Mood:
Unhappy So sorry, TK

I HATE depression. I understand so well.
Please surround yourself with anything and everything that brings a lift to you. I try to have stuff recorded on my DVR just for this purpose.
Silliness and stupidity help. Some of those shows like "Funniest home videos" or "World's Dumbest Crooks" .
Or get online, youtube, and look for silly/funny things. Animals and babies usually can bring smiles.

Do you have a pet to snuggle with?

I know these sound somewhat futile. I just hope you can somehow bide the time without the cloud getting 'too' dark.

My heart is with you,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-01-2013)