Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Multiple Sclerosis > The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

Weight Loss Check-In at the Stumble Inn

Unread 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #51
Sparky10

My Mood:

It is Sunday but I finally got off my butt and exercised! Wasn't able to walk today due to freezing rain and just had to do something. Plus I started a log to record my exercises; which area worked, how many sets and reps, etc. Am starting with 3 sets of 5 repetitions of each exercise, and will work on a different area each time. I set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes, and would love to do this twice a day!

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not yet the end.
Sparky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Keely (01-30-2013), nemsmom (01-27-2013), SallyC (01-28-2013)
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #52
sabimax
Magnate

My Mood:

hey all,
sorry have not been on in long long time. Glad you still have the weight loss check in. Here to excitedly say.. since spring time I have lost 47 lbs.. woot woot... and not much exercise was involved. Just eating very healthy... vegatarian... gave up all pop, much less sugar. Using soy milk or almond milk to flavor my coffee instead of creamers or sugar. Just wanted to share .. hugss and keep moving, keep eating healthy... hugsss, sarah

KEEP SMILING, LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WEAR A FROWN!!
sabimax is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (01-28-2013), doydie (01-28-2013), Keely (01-30-2013), nemsmom (01-27-2013), SallyC (01-28-2013)
Unread 01-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #53
doydie
Elder

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky10 View Post
It is Sunday but I finally got off my butt and exercised! Wasn't able to walk today due to freezing rain and just had to do something. Plus I started a log to record my exercises; which area worked, how many sets and reps, etc. Am starting with 3 sets of 5 repetitions of each exercise, and will work on a different area each time. I set the kitchen timer for 20 minutes, and would love to do this twice a day!
Sparky what kind of exercises do you do? I am finding it hard finding web sites that have exercises that are geared to people with MS. I hear wonderful things about Zumba. I looked up some of them on utube and there is no way I could do those. I couldn't even do 3 minutes of it

doydie is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-28-2013)
Unread 01-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #54
Blessings2You
Elder

My Mood:

I didn't check in Friday because I'm still on a plateau. That's okay. We actually made it to a grocery store today (almost three weeks) so now I've got salad and spinach and other good stuff. I haven't been cheating, just have been missing the fresh veggies the last few days.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Keely (01-30-2013), nemsmom (01-28-2013), SallyC (01-28-2013)
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #55
Sparky10

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
Sparky what kind of exercises do you do? I am finding it hard finding web sites that have exercises that are geared to people with MS. I hear wonderful things about Zumba. I looked up some of them on utube and there is no way I could do those. I couldn't even do 3 minutes of it
Do you have an exercise ball? They great low-impact tools for balance and strength. (http://www.ball-exercises.com/exercises/index.html). Here's a website you really have to poke about on to find exercises but when you find them they're helpful: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fit...nd-flexibility.

Aside from a few easy exercises I pick and chose from those 2 websites, I make up my own. Easy leg lifts, things I can do on my hands and knees, practice standing on one leg....sometimes I make up stuff as I go along. Anything that keeps me moving, and preferably what works my abdominal muscles.

Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not yet the end.
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (01-29-2013), Keely (01-30-2013), nemsmom (01-29-2013), SallyC (01-29-2013)
Unread 01-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #56
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

Kinda put my, I can eat whatever, pills to the test this morning.
Had dark cherry, low fat, frozen yogurt with low fat choc chip
cookies in it.

Hey, my DD's divorce was final yesterday and she cried, even
though she's really relieved. We deserve a treat doncha think?

Pic taken by Son n Dil-Virg, Oct 4, 2014.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Keely (01-30-2013), nemsmom (01-29-2013)
Unread 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #57
nemsmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyC View Post
Kinda put my, I can eat whatever, pills to the test this morning.
Had dark cherry, low fat, frozen yogurt with low fat choc chip
cookies in it.

Hey, my DD's divorce was final yesterday and she cried, even
though she's really relieved. We deserve a treat doncha think?
Treats are a good thing, so long as you control how much and how often.

Glad you enjoyed it! It sounds great!
nemsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Keely (01-30-2013), SallyC (01-29-2013)
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #58
doydie
Elder

My Mood:

Thanks Sparky. Yes I have an exercise ball and also have been making up things on my own. I tried to do some crunches on it and couldn't figure it out. But I was on hard wood floor and stocking feet and I think that was why.

"Thanks for this!" says:
Keely (01-30-2013)
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #59
Sparky10

My Mood:

Yeah, that'll never work, Doydie! You gotta get a grip when working on a ball! Plus, you wouldn't want to fall on that floor.

"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (01-31-2013)
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #60
doydie
Elder

My Mood:

I think one of the reasons I'm not losing any weight is because I am so 'irregular'. Before my diet I had a BM several times a day, sometimes with a lot of urgency and had to throw some underwear away! After the diet, well let's just say my cats litter box has better looking stuff in it than my commode. When I realized I had a problem I bought some Colace. I take 2 twice a day. Then I bought some Benifiber. I took that pretty regularly for awhile and I guess it did help for a while so I stopped it/ Now I'm back to just little rabbit turds. But tonight it all broke lose so I hope tomorrow will be better on the scale. Oh, I drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water/day. I drink only water, eat lots of fresh carrots and lots of fresh apples and some other fresh veggies occasionally