Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > General > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!!

HI -- SO happy to have found this site!

Unread 01-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
(Broken Wings)

My Mood:

Hi,

Glag you found NT.

It is a great place to find. It's very dear to me. I got so much help here.

Sporadic issues are hard for healthcare providers sometimes. A detailed journal is a must.

It could be seizures. As the previous post says, it's just like her daughter. Good possibility it is seizures, by her experience.

Even vertigo, which has many causes, could do it.

So many things it could be. We shouldn't try to diagnose you. Just very concerned and trying to get you going in the right direction.

Don't worry about typos. Well ask if we don't get it.

How about seafood? Were you eating any prior to the onset of symptoms?

Often a diagnosis is formed by exclusions of the obvious causes, by ruling out other possible causes. If it is not this, then it is this. Medicine is not an exact science. You are going to be your best advocate.

With your scan, it's good to know you don't have a tumor or cancer of the brain to deal with, or many other bad things that other people are suffering with.

Such sudden onset and relief is weird.

I have to ask about poisoning of some sort, unknown substance, of course. Lead, mercury, arsonic, maybe even a woman's product you apply or take. If your body is rejecting something so violently, it can cause severe symptoms. Even lipstick has lead content.

Maybe fumes in your automobile. I say this because you were in it on the first onset.

The cause and result of is why you need a neurologist.

I do agree, it may take several neurologists before you find the cause.

We have so much imported stuff these days, it can be anything.

What type of job do you have?

And hubby's job? You may be doing his laundry and getting exposed to something at his job.

Speculating is not good. Can cause undo anxiety.

Do take care of yourself and be prepared to go in for testing.

Make plans and have a bag or two packed. You, more than likely, will have future episodes. I hope not, but I would be prepared with family and work.

Health is first. You are very young. You have a lot on your side.

Praying for answers and treatment for you...

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-27-2013), heather529 (01-27-2013)
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #12
heather529

To answer some of the questions asked ... my throyd was checked back in June (with 1st episode) and came back normal. I haven't been able to see a pattern yet, but my logs are only a couple days old No to the seafood question, I actually hadn't eaten anything yet that day. I hope not seizures, from what I have read, those are hard to pin point a trigger with; wouldn't something show on the MRI if I was having seizures? (btw, I get to see that report tomorrow, so I might post the findings in hopes that someone knows how to interpret those) Thank you all for the compassion you are showing, it is so nice to just have someone somewhere listening and caring. My husband has been great but I don't think he understands all that it feels like; and the pain .... I feel like it's the flu aches constantly, which makes me mean
heather529 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (01-27-2013)
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
ginnie
Elder

My Mood:
Default Hi Heather

I do understand about pain making a person mean. That does happen, and I sure did my share of it. Try hard to distract yourself. I sure hope you get resolution to your medical issues. Take good care of yourself. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With Quote