Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > General > Social Security Disability

desicion came today

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
bretd
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: muskegon, michigan
Posts: 130
Default desicion came today

I got the desicion from my remand hearing. From what I read the Judge did'nt believe anything, I take that back he gave alot of weight to the doctor they sent me to for a 4 min. exam. He gave no weight to my doctor, he gave no weight to the therapist who sent a letter, he gave no weight to the rfc and the letter my doctor wrote. He made reference to the statement my wife wrote down on the initial application, and gave that no weight. It was 12 pages long. My doctor said my depression is severe, the judge said mild. I don't know anymore, I feel like I could explode right now. I can't sleep, I can't eat. I can't take it.
bretd is offline  
"Thanks for this!" says:
katmae (01-26-2013)
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
katmae
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nappanee Indiana
Posts: 418
My Mood:
Default Ssd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretd View Post
I got the desicion from my remand hearing. From what I read the Judge did'nt believe anything, I take that back he gave alot of weight to the doctor they sent me to for a 4 min. exam. He gave no weight to my doctor, he gave no weight to the therapist who sent a letter, he gave no weight to the rfc and the letter my doctor wrote. He made reference to the statement my wife wrote down on the initial application, and gave that no weight. It was 12 pages long. My doctor said my depression is severe, the judge said mild. I don't know anymore, I feel like I could explode right now. I can't sleep, I can't eat. I can't take it.
did you have a lawer? do you have a pdoc? they will listin to a phyciatrist useualy I kno spelling stinks,I do hope that you find some help
katmae is offline  
"Thanks for this!" says:
bretd (02-01-2013)
Unread 01-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
bretd
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: muskegon, michigan
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmae View Post
did you have a lawer? do you have a pdoc? they will listin to a phyciatrist useualy I kno spelling stinks,I do hope that you find some help
I have a lawyer, pretty good one, I think. My doctor wants me to see a specilaist, but I just don't have the money.
bretd is offline  
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Rayandnay
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
Thumbs up Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretd View Post
I got the desicion from my remand hearing. From what I read the Judge did'nt believe anything, I take that back he gave alot of weight to the doctor they sent me to for a 4 min. exam. He gave no weight to my doctor, he gave no weight to the therapist who sent a letter, he gave no weight to the rfc and the letter my doctor wrote. He made reference to the statement my wife wrote down on the initial application, and gave that no weight. It was 12 pages long. My doctor said my depression is severe, the judge said mild. I don't know anymore, I feel like I could explode right now. I can't sleep, I can't eat. I can't take it.
Whatever you do, don't give up, that's exactly what they want you to do. I may have asked you this before, how old are you? I'm been trying 7 years now!
Rayandnay is offline  
"Thanks for this!" says:
bretd (02-01-2013)
Unread 01-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
LIT LOVE
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,547
Default

If you go through the Voc Rehab process they will pay for doc visits, testing, etc.

Are you possibly eligible for Medicaid? Some pysch docs work on a sliding scale. You way want to also check into a pain support group.

By therapist do you mean physical therapist?

The opinions of docs are what count. Supplemental might help a little--with a tough ALJ, he/she will likely ignore them completely--and they can legally get away with it.

The deck maybe stacked against you, but it doesn't mean you won't prevail (even with this ALJ).
LIT LOVE is online now  
"Thanks for this!" says:
bretd (02-01-2013)
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
bretd
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: muskegon, michigan
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
Whatever you do, don't give up, that's exactly what they want you to do. I may have asked you this before, how old are you? I'm been trying 7 years now!
i will be 46 next month. filed in 2009.
bretd is offline  
Unread 01-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #7
bretd
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: muskegon, michigan
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
If you go through the Voc Rehab process they will pay for doc visits, testing, etc.

Are you possibly eligible for Medicaid? Some pysch docs work on a sliding scale. You way want to also check into a pain support group.

By therapist do you mean physical therapist?

The opinions of docs are what count. Supplemental might help a little--with a tough ALJ, he/she will likely ignore them completely--and they can legally get away with it.

The deck maybe stacked against you, but it doesn't mean you won't prevail (even with this ALJ).
my wife makes to much money for assistance. My doc wants me to see another doc for my depression, and go to the pain clinic. We have health ins. but of course it does'nt cover everything, and the co-pays are high. I can't even make my house payment, so we don't have gas money to get to any of these places. thanks for your support, I won't give up, I can't, I can't work.
bretd is offline  
Unread 01-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
Israel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vermont
Posts: 25
My Mood:
Default

I think I understand your frustration regarding obtaining disability. Have you spoken with your attorney regarding an appeal? Of course, this all takes considerable time.

I do understand the financial aspects regarding finances. Earn just a bit too much money, but not enough money to pay bills.

I wish you well.

Israel
Israel is offline  
"Thanks for this!" says:
bretd (01-27-2013)
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #9
finz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,804
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretd View Post
my wife makes to much money for assistance. My doc wants me to see another doc for my depression, and go to the pain clinic. We have health ins. but of course it does'nt cover everything, and the co-pays are high. I can't even make my house payment, so we don't have gas money to get to any of these places. thanks for your support, I won't give up, I can't, I can't work.

It was explained to me that if we decline additional recommended treatments, we are giving the SSA the impression that our conditions are well managed. What one could see as not being able to afford copays, they can interpret as being satisfied with your current treatment. If they see that you are not seeing the other doc for the depression, their conclusion can be that you are satisfied with your current depression treatment, which implies to SS that it cannot be severe.

If your current doctor believes that your depression is severe, he could have you committed to a psych facility against your will.....that bypasses the copays for now.

It's difficult to even guess at the specifics, because we don't know the specifics of your case.

Lit Love has provided a lot of advice in this and your other threads about trying to access services and help. I hope that you can find some help.
__________________

.


Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline  
"Thanks for this!" says:
bretd (02-01-2013)
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
mg neck prob
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ohio
Posts: 478
Default

[brett

If I remeber right wasnt aside from depression the problem happend with a back problem?? Did you have surgery on your back? The system is so unfair!!
mg neck prob is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
today is the day eva5667faliure Breast/Ovarian/Cervical Cancer 97 07-17-2014 10:48 AM
Improved Desicion Making roadrunner63 Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome 1 09-02-2012 09:08 PM
You will not believe what I did today! legzzalot The Stumble Inn 7 12-02-2009 08:26 PM
EEG Today bams1414 Epilepsy 3 05-18-2007 05:36 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.


Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy
NeuroTalk Archives