Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions A - L > Autism

Therapy: Cognitive or ABA for Adults??

Unread 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Winter24/7

Default Therapy: Cognitive or ABA for Adults??

Has anyone here ever taken Cognitive Behavioral therapy or ABA as an adult and had it help? Have you had other types of therapies that worked and what where they? It was recommended that I start regular therapy again but I can only find online that adults use Cognitive and for rare severe occasions ABA. I can't find any reviews. Thanks.
Winter24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
bowdowntobri

I know that in my experience therapy type is usually dependent on level of cognitive functioning. If one can do cognitive therapy, they should. If they are not able to understand their own thoughts, where they come from, what might cause them, etc., then ABA would be a better option. Hope that helps!
bowdowntobri is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off