Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Sexual Disorders & Sexuality

Sexual Disorders & Sexuality For frank discussions of sex due to a disorder or physical limitations. May contain descriptive sexual talk.

Hypersensitivity in the Skin of the Penis (Please help)

Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7
Confused Hypersensitivity in the Skin of the Penis (Please help)

In May of '99 I started having issues with sensitivity in the penis (surface level) to light touch & hot & cold. After spending numerous MD visits with PC Physician, Dermatologist & Chiropractor I remained without an answer or any help. I tried everything but pain meds at that time (topical creams/steroid, cortisone shots, allergy tests, bloodwork, urine tests). After 1-2 yrs it went from a pain of 8/9 to 2/3 and was tolerable.
Fastforward to September 12, 2010 roughly, and once again it is back with 8/9 pain. When I say pain, I mean as a nuisance and uncomfortablility, I just want to be clear that I'm not an agonizing 8/9. More like having a thorn in your heal while walking, but you can't get it out! At this point, knowing past problems without any answers, I went straight to a dermatologist and he felt it to be nerve related as do I at this point. I went then to my PC physician and he referred me to a Neurologist in the area. This Neuro had never seen this before in the penis and with my symptoms for light touch, hot/cold sensitivity and the condition not being a problem when sitting or any time at rest, only with movement, he definitely believed my condition to be Nueropathic in nature, which in Neurology is called Allodynia (very generic for Nerve damage in a peripheral area). He gave me some cream that was made at a compounding pharm, but only numbed the area and that didn't feel any better. Upon my return visit he suggested that he would speak with a Urologist at the hospital and run the symptoms by him and let me know what he thought. This Urologist had no answer as well. His suggestion was to go to a Tertiary MD that my see patients from different states. I gave my Med Recs to MD of Urology at a great hospital in my state and he and his team had no answer either. My only option at this point is Mayo or Johns Hopkins! I don't know what to do. It is very uncomfortable to walk or do anything because my penis rubs against underwear. Sex is uncomfortable and very difficult to be active with my daughter at 3. I am currently taking 300 mg of Gabapentin and it helps a little, but I want the problem diagnosed and fixed. Yes I have taken Lyrica but it constipates me which I have chronic constipation as well and don't need meds affecting that to. This is the short version of my condition. Can someone offer any insight as to what this might be and/or where I might find help? I am desperate!
hiriser32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2

I have the same condition with no answers. It is so depressing. Have you been tested for Herpes Simplex Virus? HSV1/HSV2? If not you should. I have a strong feeling that is what mine is due to even though I show negative on the tests. The tests for HSV1 and HSV2 miss up to 1 in 10 people if not more. Totally unacceptable if you ask me. Let me know.

dgm5186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1

I have the same problem as well but i also have Cauda equina syndrome and likely more issues than you but i know this symptom is not completely related. I'd like some answers as to how to fix this or at least treat it. I have redness down the middle of the head that becomes blotchy during erection (stretched out).
clintrad4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hypersensitivity in the penis (irritated & prickly) hiriser32 Men's Health 36 04-24-2016 11:53 PM
How many were sent to a P.T. for hypersensitivity hurting Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) 11 01-26-2011 11:40 AM
Hypersensitivity from foreskin scar to the end of the penis...please help!!! hiriser32 Men's Health 0 09-17-2010 01:53 PM
hypersensitivity Jennelle Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) 5 04-06-2009 06:16 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy
NeuroTalk Archives