Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome

Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

Taking a Peaceful Vacation.

Unread 02-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
SpaceCadet

Default Taking a Peaceful Vacation.

One of my close friends offered me to come stay with him for awhile. He lives in the next town over from Las Vegas called Henderson in a peaceful neighborhood with his girlfriend and cat. The house has a patio with a breath taking view of Las Vegas, I've got my own room with a patio and I am surrounded by good people. Maybe this is what I need to get my damaged brain moving in the right direction.

I will keep you all posted and maybe post some pictures of the view tonight.

Godspeed, everyone.

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, anxiety, panic attacks, memory issues, confusion, problems with spontaneity, sensitive to loud noises, trouble thinking, problems with producing speech, spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in both ears, random tingling in different parts of my head and many other things that I can't explain. I'm very easily overloaded which makes it nearly impossible to watch TV or use the computer.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Mokey

Enjoy! A change can be good for the soul and the brain.

What happened: Legs pulled forward by a parent's hockey stick while resting at the side of the rink at a family skate....sent me straight back. I hit the back of my head (with helmet) on the ice, bounced a few times, unconscious for a few minutes. September 11, 2011. Off work since then…I work part-time at home when I can. It has been hell but slowly feeling better (when I am alone☺).

Current symptoms: Vision problems (but 20/20 in each eye alone!) – convergence insufficiency – horizontal and vertical (heterophoria), problems with tracking and saccades, peripheral vision problems, eyes see different colour tints; tinnitus 24/7 both ears; hyperacusis (noise filter gone!), labyrinthian (inner ear) concussion, vestibular dysfunction (dizzy, bedspins, need to look down when walking); partial loss of sense of smell; electric shocks through head when doing too much; headaches; emotional lability; memory blanks; difficulty concentrating. I still can’t go into busy, noisy places. Fatigue. Executive functioning was affected – multi-tasking, planning, motivation. Slight aphasia. Shooting pain up neck and limited mobility at neck. Otherwise lucky!

Current treatments: Vestibular therapy, Vision therapy, amantadine (100 mg a day), acupuncture and physiotherapy for neck, slow return to exercise, magnesium, resveratrol, omega 3 fish oils, vitamins D, B and multi. Optimism and perserverance.
Mokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
MsRriO

A break from the every day routine may be refreshing for you. Will watch for updates. Rest and enjoy!
About it: October 26, 2012 I fell backward on an icy parking lot at work. I was on Workers Comp for 9 months. My PCS : everyday headaches became once in a while headaches, and neck pain became manageable. Still have occasional mild dizziness, sometimes fullness in the ears, convergence insufficiency, sequencing struggles, short term memory struggles, verbal processing delays. CT neg, MRI neg. Therapies: prism glasses, acupuncture, icing neck, resting, supplementing, Elavil 20mg at bedtime.

NEW: Completed 12 weeks of physical therapy and returned to work full time.

About me: I'm a marketing manager, a mom with a blended family and wife to a heart attack survivor. I believe my brain injury taught me more than it cost me. I'm grateful to still be me!
MsRriO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
Peter11

My Mood:

hi space.

I think this will do wonders! I had a vacation not long ago but it was the exact opposite! Me and my friends went to Bali, to party! ofcourse I didnt do much partying but the city is so busy and intense. It took my mind of things, but still didnt do me much good. A restfull holiday will be perfect not only will it take your mind of things, you can rest! and talk to different people.

Go for it I say. Whats the worst that can happen!.?
Peter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
Consider

My Mood:

Have fun Nick. Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to hearing from ya again.

Peace out,

Consider

Symptoms: Occipital Neuralgia.
2 MRI's and CT normal.

Made a 98% recovery on April 8, 2013 with only symptoms of pinched nerves/Occipital Neuralgia in the head and is being treated with injections and physical therapy.

Was experiencing:
Migraines, Headaches, Nausea and Vomiting, Panic Attacks and Anxiety, Depression, Major Insomnia, Brain Fog, Tinnitus, Lethargy, Loss of appetite, Major Heart Palpitations.

Vitamins and Medicines: Paxil 20mg, Strattera 80mg, Omega 3 Super DHA 900mg, B-75 Complex, Potassium Gluconate 1000mg, Magnesium Malate 1250mg, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Methylcobalamin B-12 5000 mcg, Vitamin C 500mg.

Things that help me: My Vitamin Regimen, Medication, Earplugs (Love these!), Nature Sounds, Hydrotherapy, Neck Pillow with Heat, Heating Pads, Resting, Being Outside!

"See your world through my eyes: A universe so vast as to be immeasurable - incomprehensible even to your greatest minds." - Algalon the Observer (World of Warcraft)

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."
Consider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #6
rmschaver

Good for you Nick. You have earned a break.

To see the divine in the moment.
rmschaver is offline   Reply With Quote