Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Multiple Sclerosis > The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

Moving -- Insights into our lives

Closed Thread
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #651
Kitty
Super Moderator

It's a beautiful, sunny, cold day here in GA.

As most of you know my youngest son is getting married in May. I've got a big box of 200 wedding invitations I have to address (RSVP cards, too! ) so that's going to be my project for the next few weeks. I'm so happy to be able to do it and glad I can take my time and do just a few at a time. This will give me something to do in the wee hours of the morning when I can't sleep. I need to get a purple fine-tipped marker to do them with. So far my cats have inspected the box from top to bottom but can't get into it.....much to their frustration!

"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-18-2013), Blessings2You (02-17-2013), Darlene (02-18-2013), doydie (02-18-2013), SallyC (02-17-2013)
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #652
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

Just another nice Sunday here in SW Ohio. DD and 2 of
the Grands visited. 6 yr old GSon made friends with
the kitty and was able to carry her around..

Had a nice lunch and nap. Now watching Walking Dead rerun,
New one follows. The story is good, the gory is bad.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-18-2013)
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:06 AM   #653
doydie
Elder

My Mood:

tkrik, that sounds so lovely to do that with your niece. And now you and ehr have something to look forward to on another visit. I remember when my grand kids were much younger it was very important to me that they learn the blessing of giving gifts at Christmas time. Their Mom was not hesitant at all to let me teach them that. The first year we did it my grand daughter was about 3. She may have helped but I wanted them perfect so I did most of the work. I have since then learned that it's not helping them at all and as I put up my tree every Christmas my favorite ornaments are the ones my nieces and nephews made me in their own crude way. So I stopped being such a heavy hand and let them do it. They turned out just as wonderful.Now the oldest is 11 and the youngest is 6. I told them and their Mom that they needed to take it over. An 11 year old is old enough to think of ways to give a gift. They made cookies and the 6 year old came up with idea of taking a large cheap paper plate, drawing a picture on the back and then cutting it so that it could be folded to look like it was a box. Then their Mom put a nice ribbon around it so it coul keep it's shape. if you didn't know ti wasn't a box you would have been fooled. Now I have a nice picture to hang from my little one. Her favorite thing to do is to write and draw. She will write her own simple stories and then illustrate them. they are so sweet.

Sally i'm glad that your GGrson is getting to know your kitty. i remember when they first met the kitty, it was scared and hid.

"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-18-2013), SallyC (02-18-2013), tkrik (02-19-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #654
tkrik
Wise Elder

Kelly - That's a lot of writing that needs to be done! But at least you have a couple of months to do it. I'm glad you are able to do this for them. It is something that is easier to do and doesn't drain you physically. You are a good mom.

Sally - Yeah!!! I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with your grands. I'm sure that made your day to have everyone over.

Doydie - It was great to have her over. It's a great way to make memories and she will always remember the times she came over and we did crafts together. She was here a lot over the holidays and she loved it. And, yes, I have ornaments my kids and I made together out of salt dough clay as well as ornaments they have made at school throughout the years. I cherish them and love to hang them on the tree. They are so special to me.
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-19-2013), Kitty (02-19-2013), SallyC (02-19-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #655
doydie
Elder

My Mood:

One of my favorite Christmas ornaments we made was to take old spools of thread, spray glue on them and them roll or 'throw Christmas snow on them. I took red and green pipe cleaners and put in up the hole in the spool and then put a hook on it to hang on the tree. We put a little red craft poof ball, don't know what they are called on the end where we threaded the pipe cleaner. Then I made little pieces of paper with the year on it and punched a hole in it and put it on the hook of the pipe cleaner. We also sprayed some and used gold glitter instead of snow.

"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-19-2013), Darlene (02-19-2013), Kitty (02-19-2013), SallyC (02-19-2013)
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #656
barb02
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

It is just another Tuesday. Cold and spitting snow. I plan on hibernating today. I want to wash my mattress cover, pillow protectors, blanket and quilt. My allergies have been driving me crazy so I am sure a few dust mites are hanging around I guess I had better get started on that. Hope you all have a good day.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (02-19-2013), SallyC (02-19-2013)
Unread 02-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #657
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

This kittycat is driving me crazy. She wants my attention all of the time,
even when I'm sleeping. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and she's
laying on my stomach/bladder, all bundled up for the night. Of course
then I must go potty, which I probably wouldn't have had to do for
another couple of hours.

When I'm eating, she's there begging...when I'm working on the computer,
she jumps up in my lap..I pet her and put her down....she's up again and
if that doesn't work, she jumps up on the back of the sofa and stalks
me from there.

Would it be mean to close the door to her room sometimes? She really
makes me nervous, when she jumps on me unexpectantly or uses me
as a springboard...And it hurts..ouch!!

She seems to be completely untrainable. HELP!!

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-21-2013)
Unread 02-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #658
Debbie D
Grand Magnate

hi all...sunny here but a few inches of snow are expected.

Sal, my DD puts her cat either in it's traveling case or in a large crate along with it's litter box. Otherwise, her cat is in her face all night, and now with the baby there's no way she can have that...

We're getting a new bedroom set delivered tomorrow, so i've been busy emptying out the room and vacuuming. the house is a total wreck with clothes all over, bed sheets, mattresses everything amok...but that 's ok...after 39 years with this crummy set, I'm excited to have drawers without broken handles

Today is DH's 60th bday...he'll be spending the evening varnishing and nailing in the baseboards in the bedroom that were taken off 2 years ago when he painted the walls but I'm making him lasagna so he'll enjoy that before I put him to work
ANNagain (02-20-2013), barb02 (02-21-2013), SallyC (02-20-2013)
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #659
ANNagain

My Mood:

Hi Debbie,

We are also getting a new bed delivered on Monday and a latex and organic cotton mattress on Tuesday. Both made in Massachusetts.

The house sounds similar to yours- I can't believe there could be so many things in one room!

Good sleeping,
ANN
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-21-2013), Debbie D (02-22-2013), SallyC (02-20-2013)
Unread 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #660
Blessings2You
Elder

My Mood:

When we bought our new mattress, I put a vinyl mattress protector AND a waterproof mattress pad on it as soon as it got here. It was "cheap", I suppose, as mattresses go, but $800 is a LOT of money in this house! We had three cats, plus I didn't trust myself to be able to get out of bed in a hurry!

We had several inches of snow last night--everything looked so pretty this morning. My husband was less enamored than I, shoveling for almost two hours. Our driveway isn't plowed yet, but that's okay. We aren't going anywhere, and if we really HAD to, we have AWD and it's downhill to the road anyway.

We share the driveway with our neighbor--it's ours, but she has a deeded right-of-way. Her brother plows for us, and we each pay him $15. I have no idea whether she actually pays her brother or not, and don't care. He does an awesome job, and we trust his judgement as to when to plow.

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and not dwell on how pathetic you are nowadays, you know? My husband was giving me sincere compliments on dinner this noon, and I thought, Really? We had Barber frozen stuffed chicken breasts, Idahoan instant mashed potato, bottled gravy, frozen peas. I can remember when I used to cook!

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (02-22-2013), barb02 (02-21-2013), Debbie D (02-22-2013), SallyC (02-20-2013)
Closed Thread