Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > General > Social Security Disability

Representative payee problem!!

Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 96
Default Representative payee problem!!

I changed payees but I can't get any info from the old one. She is refusing to talk to me. What can I do to get my paperwork from her?
mbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,195

I'd start by putting the request in writing, perhaps with a deadline to have it filled, and mail it certified mail, return receipt requested.

Was this someone you chose, or someone SS provided?
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Mz Migraine
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 475

If it was someone you chose, after you have exhausted all means of trying to retrieve your records yourself, you should seek legal council. Check w/your local lawyer referral service. Fee will be based on income. In most cases it's free.

If SS appointed the person, SS should be notified immediately.

Mz Migraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Anna Maria Island Florida
Posts: 6,278
My Mood:
Default Hello mbrook

By withholding your paperwork, that is holding up your case. Put it in writing, and certify the mail as the other poster sugested. Find your new lawyer, or rep. and ask him or her also to get the paperwork back. If this fails, contact your congressman, and SS office. I don't think legally this person can do this to you. That is cruel to do to you. I am sorry that happened. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 113
Default Small court, notify SSDI caseworker

It is unlawful for a payee (or any person) to not return your information.
I would file a small claims suit. The only charge is to have the law enforcement deliver a copy of the notice to appear. I would also write, then call your caseworker for help. Sending a certified letter is a great idea.
If you need more help contact me personally.
SSDIHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
finz (03-04-2013), ginnie (02-27-2013)

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Representative payee questions. gday Social Security Disability 11 07-12-2013 08:02 PM
how do i change my represintative payee? mbrook Social Security Disability 1 09-15-2012 10:48 PM
representative payee rod_1965 Social Security Disability 10 10-05-2011 01:37 AM
Do all mental health SSDI need a payee ? finz Social Security Disability 8 09-13-2010 10:21 PM
repersentive payee jeffn Social Security Disability 0 01-21-2008 12:54 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.
Brought to you by the fine folks who publish mental health and psychology information at Psych Central Mental Health Forums

The material on this site is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment
provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Powered by vBulletin • Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All posts copyright their original authors Community Guidelines Terms of Use Privacy Policy
NeuroTalk Archives