Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Multiple Sclerosis > The Stumble Inn

The Stumble Inn The place for social chat for our M.S. community. The Stumble Inn

I pop every time I move!

Unread 11-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
legzzalot
Magnate

My Mood:
Default I pop every time I move!

Somehwere in my body every time I move something pops. Knees, hips, spine, shoulder, ankles, you name it. this has been going on for year but has become very noticable in the last year.

I have been rather slack in the workout area for the last couple of months due to the lovely balance issues and fatigue that decided to overtake me.

After a few weeks with chiro, and various stretching exercises (most result in more popping), I am FINALLY back to using my balance ball and I just now today made it through my entire yoga routine (about 45 minutes)! SO, yay me!

But.... Normally I wait until everyone else is in bed to work out. Tonight DH2B decided to stay up late, not a big deal I can work out with him in the room. Apparently the fact that something on my body was popping every 5 seconds totally freaked him out. He tells me the fact that I cannot move without something popping is a bad thing, and I really need to find an ortho... LOL.

t doesn't hurt so I say if it ain't broke, don't go poking and prodding and trying to figure it out! Last time I did that I ended up with MS and you see where that got me!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
Erin524
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

My big toes click when I walk if I'm barefoot, and my knees make creaking sounds when I go down stairs. (and I'm only 40...the noisy joints have been like that since I was a child)

My shoulders make cracking noises because I can pop them out of joint at will (and it doesnt hurt...usually) and my left thumb cracks because it's also double jointed like my shoulders are, and I'm constantly popping it out of joint. (it's like I need to pop the thumb, otherwise it'll hurt more)

I was born with the weird joints and the clicking toes. I think the creaking knees are something I picked up as I got into my 20s.

~ Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics. ~ Author Unknown ~

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (11-30-2009)
Unread 11-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
SallyC
Legendary

My Mood:

Stop moving..

I'm a smart*** today..

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (11-30-2009)
Unread 11-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
TXBatman

My Mood:

My toes, ankles, and knees crack whenever I walk. Most of the folks in my office can tell when I am walking down the hall because my ankles or toes pop with almost every step.
TXBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (11-30-2009)
Unread 11-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
legzzalot
Magnate

My Mood:

See? it's not just me! And the knee/ ankle things have been going on ever since I can remember. I remember spraining both of my ankles by the time I was in second grade and I remember being told I have arthritis in my knee when I was 15....

I just find it amazing that a big bad soldier who is trained as a medic and has no problems whatsoever stitching people up or injecting me with drugs... this same big bad man gets completely freaked out by popping joints and peeling skin. I get sunburned (every time I go outside) and he avoids me like I have the plague!

It's just funny.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-30-2009)
Unread 11-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Erin524
Grand Magnate

My Mood:

It grosses my dad out to hear me cracking my knuckles or making my toes click on purpose. and he's a nurse.

~ Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics. ~ Author Unknown ~

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With Quote