WHY did the superior nix the oral surgery?? That is a huge question for me and one that I would seek the answer on because it was one of two things.... either he didn't want anyone in the program to be involved in your case for fear of a law suit or he didn't feel there was a need to have it done.
Have you insisted that the doctors speak directly to each other? That would make the most sense... they need to discuss your case and concur on a decision. Not have you go back and forth like this.
The routine CT scans may not show what they need and they know that. So please no more of these types of scans.... not healthy for you to keep doing that. Because the sinus still draining as you stated in your post, there may not be a need for another antibiotic at this time. I would continue to rinse with warm salt water 3-4 times a day to keep the bacteria down.
Regarding who does the sinus closure procedure.... it really all depends what is involved in your particular case. Oral surgeons repair sinus perfs all of the time. ENT's get involved with the surgery depending on where the perforation is and if the sinus is very infected. Again, this is something that the doctors need to discuss with each other.
I am so sorry you are going through this. Please stay firm in your attempt to get help... don't let anyone make you feel like your hands are tied. Be insistent and expect these drs to communicate with each other. I know that may not be easy for you to do....but it may be the only way to get this taken care of. Believe me, if it were happening to any one of them, they would not be passive by any means!
Stay in touch ok...
Originally Posted by Raye3201
Well what a time it has been. Saw the oral surgeon in Halifax who agreed to fix my perforation in surgery the next day, then his decision was overturned by his superior who did not see or assess me himself. (Teaching hospital)
So back to dentist, a third oral surgeon, ENT still following. Here it is almost 7 weeks later, and an xray taken on Thursday by a new dentist still showed a oroantral communication...the extraction site is healing nicely but the edge of my molar beside it is still dripping sinus fluid. The dentist called the third oral surgeon but he doesn't want to go against the ENT, and wanted me to call the ENT. Why don't these specialists talk to each other?????
The ENT sent me for another CT on Friday (not the dental kind - we don't have that at our regional hospital) but he wouldn't look at the dental x-rays. So I am waiting to hear back from the ENT this morning but am still very upset that all this has happened. I finished my antibiotics 2 weeks ago but think I should be on them still so will ask today.
I am considering going to Ontario for care instead. Bryanna, any recommendations would be most helpful.