Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome Thoracic Outlet Syndrome/Brachial Plexopathy. In Memory Of DeAnne Marie.

Trojan's stuff

Unread 10-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
nukenurse

Default Trojan's stuff

Here is an MRI technique for imaging peripheral nerve entrapments in the wrist. Perhaps it can be used for TOS. Shows an entrapped/inflamed nerve as bright white. Normal nerves don't look like that.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23071777
nukenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:08 AM   #2
nukenurse

here's another one. These are being done on humans --- now.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23166762
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (11-20-2013), jkl626 (10-30-2013)
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
cyclist

fyi -

http://www.radiology.ucsf.edu/patien...-nerve-imaging
cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
nukenurse

MRN has been around for awhile. I know Dr. Filler does it. I didn't know he used the same T2 technique. If all MRN's use the T2 technique, I wonder why they aren't used more often with TOS? The doctors need to find out where ALL the nerve problems are BEFORE they open you up and start cutting things.
Unread 10-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
mrsD
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

thank you for this thread and links....

I thought the information would be helpful for some of our Peripheral Neuropathy posters, so I copied the links, plus one extra I found, to our PN subforum.

MEOW...you're not the real Santa!
Please use the search function to find more information here in our forums. Your keyword must be at least 4 letters long. This is the handy link:

Here is a link to our guidelines that explains how to post links and information properly here due to copyright laws:

mrsD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
elap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOStrojan View Post
MRN has been around for awhile. I know Dr. Filler does it. I didn't know he used the same T2 technique. If all MRN's use the T2 technique, I wonder why they aren't used more often with TOS? The doctors need to find out where ALL the nerve problems are BEFORE they open you up and start cutting things.
Hi TOStrojan,

I asked Dr. Donahue about MR Neurography and he says it doesn't work as a TOS diagnostic. He also said that there are no good diagnostics currently available for Neurogenic TOS evaluation. Incredibly frustrating. Surgery is recommended for me, but I'm not yet comfortable with this option in light of the lack of diagnostic support. I agree: "The doctors need to find out where ALL the nerve problems are BEFORE they open you up and start cutting things."
elap is offline   Reply With Quote