An old familiar topic: Pre-authorization
Mine (pre-auth. on pain med.) is due for "renewal" (is that what insurance calls it?). I saw my doctor today and she asked what she needs to do so that there isn't a prob. I was told, by H.R. personnel who got the authorization pushed through: Nothing... that I should tell her to do nothing at this time. The rationale? Sometimes things just ride on their own if no one brings it to attention that the pre-auth. is about to run its stated course.
Eeeeeeek. I am not comfy with this. My doc said she will do whatever she needs and she's okay waiting until she hears, otherwise, from me.
I don't want to "rock the boat" (H.R. and CEO who went to bat all the way for my medications and got them authorized) as long as I'm being told not to do so, but... I also have this fear that... what if I end up with having to go through everything again?
The H.R. assures: Not gonna happen. It and the CEO will jump on it quickly if things start going a diff. direction.
Anyone else been through this?
I'm just at a loss. I want to so much trust that they are right.