There has never been any doubt amongst scientists, pathologists, bio chemists, physicians and finally a growing number of dentists.... that mercury in any form is toxic to any living or breathing thing. The vapors from mercury never dissipate completely. Therefore, when we are in contact with it, we are constantly being exposed to the toxicity. Our body stores the toxins in our liver, heart, brain, kidneys, thyroid, as well as other organs.
The mercury in dental fillings called "amalgams" or "silver colored fillings" is a whopping 50%! The remaining additives are tin, silver and copper. Here's a one information site about the different affects that mercury has on the human body.....
The three questions that I always ask my dental colleagues who argue the safety of mercury fillings are these....
"Why is mercury in any form considered hazardous medical waste?"
"Why do we need specific filters on our dental equipment to prevent
""contaminating"" the water supply and why install self contained safety equipment in our labs to catch the large pieces during removal?"
"Why is it illegal to put anything that has come in contact with a mercury filling directly in the trash can with the rest of the <harmless> garbage?"
Mercury can indeed have negative affects on humans in any number of ways. The earlier in life and the longer we are exposed to it, the more detrimental it can be.
Do you feel that you are dealing with mercury toxicity?
FYI, neurotalk is very open to most topics and rarely removes anything.
Originally Posted by dmachine
I hope this does not kicked off. I went on another web site SDN network and every time I brought up mercury in the dentistry or psych areas it was knocked out.
So I hope this is a good area to post similar questions.
I just want to find out has anyone ever been diagnosed with mercury being the cause of any mental mood disorders?
What do people think of this?