Originally Posted by kellysf
I realize I didn't address your question about whether anything was helping me now. Unfortunately, no. I'm in the pain management quandary that many of us seem to be in. Dr. Werden found the scar tissue forming on my brachial plexus but surgery was never suggested, nor would I have considered it to try to remove the scar tissue.
I didn't have any luck with Edgelow, other than the abdominal breathing part. The rest of it always flared my pain and headache.
Thanks so much to all of you and sorry it took me so long to write, I also feel that Peter's core technique does help but in a limited way, and I can't get past the core program without getting into pain.
This is what helps me...
1)About 30-45 mins of cardio everyday, moving around a lot, sitting minimally.
2)Abdominal breathing in a limited range reading of 40-70 only (my comfort zone) on the blood pressure meter and the longus colli strengthening again with the blood pressure meter within 20-21,22 only.
3) I also have to be on some kind of a fibromylgia drug to be able to do Edgelow's therapy twice a day.
4) Keeping positive.
5) Mentally feeling in control versus out of control does help a lot. This is a big One!
6) Trying to stay stress free, no matter what, does help a lot!
7) Knowing and being aware of my limits does help a lot.
8) Doing Edgelow's core program twice a day does help me a lot and I try and stick to that routine, no matter what. It's the only thing that helps me as I can't do any stretches.
Peter is not practicing anymore due to health problems, but there is a Steve at the Hayward Practice who has trained under Edgelow for a good amount of time. I don't have any experience with Steve. To answer the question from some of you on the Edgelow Kit, I believe it can be ordered from Santa Rosa, but I wouldn't purchase the whole kit without seeing a therapist who has been trained and can guide you with the Edgelow protocol.[/b] To start with, I would only purchase a manual blood pressure cuff, if you want to try it out.
Hope that helps,
Good luck to all of you,