I am a 36yo female seeing a neurologist for testing something that is at present un-dx'd.
My main symptom, and question here, is about my legs. My legs have had a couple of major bouts of weakness (starting about 9 months ago) but now it's constant.
My question is this: If there is a day where I go up more stairs than usual (we have a few in our home, but not many), about an hour after using the quadriceps my legs basically seize up and start hurting at rest. It is very invasive to my life, and am frustrated while waiting for answers.
Anybody else experience this in conjunction with your condition?
Tests I've had:
- MRI (just yesterday, of brain and spine, don't know answers yet)
- EMG (abnormal across my elbow)
- cognitive / neuropsychological = major memory and word finding deficits
- normal bloodwork results for myasthenia gravis (which doesn't rule it out)
- negative results for lymes
My apologies in advance for this sentence (at work... just need to get it out....): Please help me! My legs hurt from going for an easy walk today with a friend. What is wrong with me? I want my active lifestyle life back.