Hello, there is hope for so many.
Hello. I decided to join after seeing so many with the same questions I have had.
Previously diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue and FM, Celiac disease, mental illness, allergies to many foods and scents, also allergies to the medications that eventually improved my conditions.
Bottom line: I have Lyme Disease. Here are at least my observations to questions I have seen on this forum:
- Some "genetic" illnesses such as Celiac Disease and Hypercoagulation not only have disappeared but so have the markers.
- At first I could not tolerate almost any antibiotic, but slow and if needed, taking breaks, got me to the point where I could tolerate almost anything prescribed.
- I have moved from bedridden to active again. Doctors who are willing to treat this set of diseases say that even into the seventies it is worth working on this illness.
- I was sick for many, many years but didn't know what was going on. Thought stress from my occupation was the problem. Moving alot, not home, long hours.
- Many symptoms: skin, hearing, weight, eyesight, pain, sleep, digestion, fatigue, tasking (important for engineers), short term memory were a result of Lyme and one other malaria-like infection.
I know this now because of the improvement I have made. I may have to be on some kind of treatment for a long time, but I am ok. So do diabetics and many others. Being able to contribute again is important. Not to mention making a living.
Thank you for this forum, many good thoughts and information.