Go Back   NeuroTalk Support Groups > Health Conditions M - Z > Peripheral Neuropathy

Lose weight on Lyrica

Unread 04-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
jakatak

My Mood:
Default Lose weight on Lyrica

For those that have gained weight on Lyrica, I can share with you the rewards of the South Beach Diet. I was on this diet 3 years ago, and, again, I have lost over 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I plan on losing another 15 over the next 3 months. The diet really works. And, it will also work for those who've had weight gain issues with Lyrica. By the way, I am 6'5" and began my weight loss at 250. I am down to 235 and on phase 2 of the diet. It is so easy and healthy. Good carbs.
jakatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Hope15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakatak View Post
For those that have gained weight on Lyrica, I can share with you the rewards of the South Beach Diet. I was on this diet 3 years ago, and, again, I have lost over 15 pounds in 3 weeks. I plan on losing another 15 over the next 3 months. The diet really works. And, it will also work for those who've had weight gain issues with Lyrica. By the way, I am 6'5" and began my weight loss at 250. I am down to 235 and on phase 2 of the diet. It is so easy and healthy. Good carbs.
Congrats jakatak! I really need to lose weight, some I gained since I developed neuropathy and some from the menopause from hell. Yeah, it's been fun.
Hope15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
nide44

My Mood:

Weight Watchers also works, but it is not a diet- it is a change in eating habits watching the types of foods you eat.
When I was on Neurontin, I gained 35 lbs, and lost 30 with WW.
Now I'm on Lyrica and the weight is back again. I've gotta buckle down and do WW again.
BTW, I'm 6'1" and 250lbs. I want to be 215-220.
Unread 04-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
jakatak

My Mood:
Default Well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
Weight Watchers also works, but it is not a diet- it is a change in eating habits watching the types of foods you eat.
When I was on Neurontin, I gained 35 lbs, and lost 30 with WW.
Now I'm on Lyrica and the weight is back again. I've gotta buckle down and do WW again.
BTW, I'm 6'1" and 250lbs. I want to be 215-220.
I should state that the SBD really is a life style. Avoiding the bad carbs. Whole wheat...no enriched white flour. Look at the ingredients of everything you eat. If sugar is one of the first ingredients....avoid it. Be very careful about fruit. Certain fruits are very high in sugar content. It is really an easy way to live. Eating that breakfast to get the furnace going. A mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack and dinner. Burning calories the whole day.
jakatak is offline   Reply With Quote