Thanks so much for your reply.
I'm so glad that i at least know now whats happening to my tooth (but at the same time i feel scared).
I tried to make an appointment with the dentist this week but they didnt have any available for this week. So they told me i can make one for monday, and i did. (I'll be sure to let you know how things go at the dentist) I am looking forward to getting this thing done with...but if its okay with you...i have one more question.
Since you said i will have the option of a root canal or an extraction...which would be the best option for me to go with in this case? Or should i expect my dentist to tell me?...
I've seen videos of root canal being done and it freaks me out lol ...but whatever needs to be done i'll be willing to do ...
Also, is there anything that i should do while i wait for my appointment on monday?
Thanx for all your help...
Originally Posted by Bryanna
You have an infection that has spread from your tooth to your jawbone and it needs to be treated ASAP. Do not wait, get in to see your dentist.
You do not need to have a hole in a tooth to have a problem. The nerve inside the tooth which is not visible to you has become infected. That occurs when there is decay (could be under the filling) and/or the nerve has been traumatized, which can happen anytime a tooth is drilled into.
Again, this is considered an emergency and you should not wait to have it treated. The dentist will take xrays and determine which tooth/teeth are infected. You may be given the option of root canal or extraction. This will not go away on it's own, it will spread, so please don't wait.
Please let us know how you are doing.